The Disguise

I clenched my jaw and thought, "Fantastic, this ass hole again."

Tyler intervened, luckily, and said, "Hello, I think we've met before."

The buffoon clicked his tongue and said, "Yeah. It seems like you guys have intruded into my bar as well."

I cringed. His actions were repulsive.

"So, you are hypocritical person, no?" I asked through my tightly bound teeth. "You protest against homosexuality in the streets, but you run a gay bar on the side."

"So it seems," sneered the man.

I figured that Reid could see my fist clenching, so he laid his hand on my shoulder. It felt like a starburst through my nerves. Reid was actually touching me.

"Since you own this bar," Tyler began again. "I think you can tell us about your customers that you see."

"I don't remember every joker who passes through here," he said flatly. He wrapped his arms tightly over his chest.

"Maybe, surveillance videos can show us a few things," Tyler continued. "There have been close to ten murders in the last month, and the last place they are seen alive is in this bar."

The man's face flushed, but he contained his composure."We don't have enough money for that kind of video surveillance nonsense. I don't need y'all in here telling me how to run my bar. I haven't had a break in ever."

Tyler and the man were quiet for a few seconds until some girl came up behind to whisper in the man's ear.

"Excuse me, gentlemen and Ms., but I have business to attend to," he said and tried to push through us.

Reid and I stood our ground and pushed him up against a nearby wall. The crowd in the club gasped, and the music seemed to dial down. I reached for the handcuffs while Reid kept him pressed against the brick wall. The bartender stood with his mouth agape before trying to run and escape Tyler and Prentiss pinned him against the bar table.

"You have the right to remain silent until further questioning," I said when I was cuffing him around his tattooed wrist.

***

"Nice work, Agent Reid, Hotchner, and Prentiss," Agent Tyler said in the car when we drove away from the police station.

Emily looked up from her phone and said, "We need to gather all of our evidence before the forty-eight hours is suspended."

"She's right. We'll meet in the lobby tomorrow morning at six," I said and turned my face back to the window. My knees were hurting from all the walking we had done that day. I could not wait to be lying down in my bed alone in a room with Reid.

I felt my stomach somersault at the thought of Reid and I doing something erotic.

When we arrived at the hotel, Emily was eager to bid her good night. Tyler made sure we got to our room then left us alone. Once we were inside the room, Reid dropped onto the bed.

"This is going to be one hell of a case," He said with a sigh. He sat up and adjusted his tie. "I'm not tired and feel like I should be doing what I can."

"Do what you need to, Reid," I said and placed my watch on the dresser.

He smiled at me. For the first time, I saw the temptation behind his honey brown eyes. His penis slowly rose beneath his slacks. He slowly slipped off of the bed and walked over to me.

"I know what I need to do first."