When My Eyes Can't Leave You

I walked into the BAU one early October morning as usual. My coworkers greeted me like always, a real appreciation from them. I cared for the them as well. My coffee tasted the same but never bland. All was the same until I saw him again.

Now, I had seen Dr. Reid coming in the same way every morning like I had done. However, something about how I was thinking last night made my mind drift. I had to snap out of it. I had to. Honestly, he was the one person the whole BAU would never expect me to chase after. I guess that was one of things that drew me to him. I like a good challenge.

JJ stood at the door of our meeting room. Her hair was done up nice, an appealing sight . Why could I not have been into women anymore like I used to be? I longed for companionship though.

"Morning, Hotch," JJ said and followed in behind me.

"Morning, what is the case today?" I asked casually. I set my briefcase down onto the hard wooden topped table and placed my coffee next to it.

"I am going to wait on Reid to get in here," she said.

I tried to cover up my blushing to the sound of his name, paranoid.

In he came that day, like a refreshing brush of wind. Even at thirty four, he still looked attractive and youthful. His mahogany red hair was translucent in the morning sun. I had to keep my eyes off him. I had to relax and play it off like it was normal.

He smiled and his teeth rarely showed. It made it distinct for him. "Hey, what's everyone looking at me for?" He said, late for the meeting of course.

I shook my head and looked up at JJ. "Go on, let's hear it," I said to help ease the tension.

He took his seat and watched JJ give her presentation. I felt a bit damned that he did not look at me a single time during the entire thing.

"In New Orleans," JJ begins, "We have a case were men have been brutally murdered and dumped in these sights." She changed the picture to something more gruesome than the last.

"So, why are they contacting us?" Rossi asked.

"The murders have all been two months apart. The dump sights are also relevant. Not to mention that the way these people have been killed have all been the same," JJ explained.

"Alright," he said and looked around at everyone. "Agent Morgan, Agent Prentiss, and Agent Hotchner will be assigned this task.

"Yes," said Prentiss, the always obedient rule follower. She never said no or stepped out of line, such a goody girl.

"Alright," said Morgan and rose from his seat.

I sighed with relief but all too soon.

"Oh, and Dr. Reid will join them as well," Rossi said.