Morals

I shifted myself deeper into the leather chair on the jet. I could feel my cheeks slightly burn from embarrassment. How could I have been so smart at that age but still make foolish mistakes?

I told myself not to be obvious, but I felt like people were always watching me. Paranoid? Maybe, I was.

The reason I felt that way was the new information we received that day.

"I have looked further into this investigation, " Garcia began. Her twin tales of pinkish red bobbled with every word.

"What did you find?" Hotch asked.

"It seems like everyone of those men that were killed all attended the same or some other bar in downtown New Orleans," she said.

"What kinds of bars?" He asked. The small wrinkle in between the already creased skin had my eyes intrigued. Not only was Hotch a male, but he was older than me. Older. So many more years than me is when I felt the separation at its strongest.

"Of the gay culture and other that are similar," She said, eyes locked on Hotch with a firm hold that could kill.

"Oh, thanks Garcia. We will investigate it more off of that lead," He said and watched the screen turn black again.

"This will be enjoyable," Emily said and pecked some more on her tablet.

"Do you have something against them?" I asked, but I already knew it. The thing about Emily is she is all about sticking to tradition. Not much changes about old Prentiss. Not a thing will change her mind about her beliefs. She likes to believe in the straight way, or one will suffer a burning death in hell. She was rambling on about one day, more than I usually do. Hotch looked casual, so I guess my inferences are wrong. For me, I was a thousand different emotions.

"Reid, you know that it will always be Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve," she said without looking up. Again with her sayings she read on the Internet.

"Yeah, but have you been catching up on the recent laws passed on it, or how there have been walks, riots, and gentle protest about it?" I asked.

She simply rolled her eyes and said, "Yes, but I still have no agreements with it."

Hotch interjected and said, "She probably doesn't read as much nonsense as you do either."

It hurt. It hurt terribly when he said that statement. I wished my ears had deceived me, but no it was all apart of a lie. Was he just trying to protect himself? God, who knew? I sure as hell was not. I felt so obvios. I stuck out, or that's how I thought I was. I had to make a quick cover up.

"Yeah, but she is probably too busy looking at fashion or home interior stuff on there," I joked.

He smirked. His chocolate brown eyes joined in and smiled as well.

She sighed and continued with her scrolling.

I felt the weight of my world lifted off. The only remaining weight was that of the new case. I prayed that everything would go find and nothing too bad would happen.