Hotch's Thoughts

I remember the first day Reid came to work for the BAU. He looked like a complete goon with his skinny purple tie against his scrawny pale body and shirt only a few shades lighter. He was a babe, not what you think. It means he was young.

My first impression was, "Damn, now they are letting children into the FBI these days." However, first impressions can not and do not mean a thing to me. He proved to everyone, even Morgan, who was being an ass by giving him a whistle, that he could be a part of our team. If I had three PhD's and two masters by the time I was twenty-four, I would not have wasted my time on foolish things. I guess that is what is best about Reid. He is extremely wise.

Even though he rambles on and on continuously to the point of annoyance, I can still see something in him. I still kick myself over the times I have beaten him up. In our ten years of working together, I have seen such a change in this young man. My life changed to, but I feel ready to finally let go of what Voyett has done to my family and I. I will never forget it though. I want to move on in a new direction. I want to be with someone knew. Someone who is exciting and smart and laughable and good with talking to and young enough for me to still be taken care of if I age. I think I know who I am looking for.