Fading away

Chapter 9 

(Jacobs POV)

Reneesme was laying on the couch trying to hide her pain but we all knew she was dying slowly. Drinking blood wouldn't help because of the part werewolf. She couldn't eat because of the vampire part.

Rosalie never left her side and neither did I. Our hands never broke apart either. Each day her hand seemed to become thinner and thinner. Today Carlisle had taken another ultra sound that showed that they would be due in at least 3 days. 3 days that's all I had with Reneesme. They seemed to be growing 10 times faster then a normal child and at least 10 times stronger.

I would never be able to love these children and know they killed Reneesme. Each time I would look at them I would see her.

It had been a few week since anyone hunted so they all left for a short hunting trip. I stayed behind clutching her hand. "Jacob, I'm a bit cold can you get the blanket from upstairs please," she said struggling. I began walking up the stairs and looked around for the blanket she had been using until I heard her breathing become shorter and more panicking. Reneesme's heart beat was more uneven then usual. I ran to the stairs but tripped over the wooden coffee table. It broke into pieces. One wooden piece gashed into my foot tearing the muscle. I ripped it out and practically rolled down the stairs. There was Reneesme laying on the ground gasping for air. Her stomach looked like it was about to burst.

"Get them out," she screamed. I stumbled into Carlisle office and grabbed the knife he was going to use. My vision blurred and I fell back Reneesme heart stopped. Then it came back frailly , maybe she would stay alive. I ran out and found the whole family was back I threw the knife at Carlisle and ran towards Reneesme.

"Stay with me Reneesme, please," I pleaded. Tears stinging my eyes. Then I heard the knife tear right through her stomach he pulled the first one out and handed it to Rosalie.

"Someone bite her maybe it'll work," he screamed. They all bent over her biting her. Carlisle pulled the second one out and handed it to Rosalie again.

"Where's the third one" I screamed.

"I can't find her. She's stuck in the womb," he responded.

"Jacob," whispered Reneesme, "name them Serina and Sophia." Those where the last words she ever spoke. Her heart faltered and she was gone.

"Nooooo!!" Screamed Bella. Edward held her back.

"The baby is gone too," Carlisle mumbled. All feeling in me was gone Reneesme's hand fell limp and lifeless. My everything was gone. All gone.

"Why," I roared," you should have gotten them out of her. You knew she wouldn't survive. Those things shouldn't survive." I crashed my hand against the wall and it crumbled to pieces. Nobody took a step or moved they just let me do my thing. I turned into a wolf form and ran towards the babies. They needed to be dead like Reneesme is. I charged for them but stopped the minute I saw their eyes. They were brown like Reneesme's. They would be the only reminders of her. I changed back and walked towards them.

My face softened when I saw them, "welcome to the family Sophia and Serina," I uttered.