6

I lay still staring blankly at the top of the scanner, they had told me to lay still and that's all I could do seeming I was strapped in. I couldn't move my neck and my head was supported by a sponge, pillow type thing.

After around 45 minutes I was wheeled back onto the ward and told to sleep it off, my Mum suggested that Sam went home but he begged to stay, he sat beside my bed. My Mum left to get a Coffee from Starbucks and Sam stayed in the room.

"How do you feel?" He asked worriedly.
"Dead." I replied.
"Oh erm, I got the picture printed and signed and a card from everyone for you." He said.
"That's sweet," I began, "Can you get me some water?" I pleaded.

"No." Sam said looking ashamed.
"Why?!" I asked.
"You've got to fast in case surgery is needed, you were sick so something could be up. I'm so sorry Han, doctors orders." Sam explained.
"Oh, its okay. How was school?" I asked.

"Boring, I was assigned next to you in classes though." He smiled, showing his gappy teeth.
"God, I'm dying here." I moaned. Sam moved his chair closer and held my hand.
"You'll be okay Hannah, I know it." He assured me as he smiled and moved his chair away again.

I waited for my Mum to return, when she did I was happy.
"We have news," She said "There's no internal bleeding." Sam made a huge sigh and did a little fist bump with himself, I smiled at him.

"There are no breaks or fractures, just a little bruising, you suffered a minor concussion, you were very lucky Hannah, your tissue is slightly damaged but if hit a bit harder, your skull would have been fractured. We will keep you overnight just to monitor what happens, okay?" A nurse explained as she came in.

"Why?" I asked.
"Well, sometimes the scans don't show everything, there could still be some hidden damage we couldn't see, so if anything happens overnight, we can re-investigate, okay? Sometimes symptoms can take up to 24 hours to develop, okay?" She said.
"And, school?" My Mum asked.
"We recommend a week off, just so she doesn't bang it again, but she should be okay to continue as normal after that." She continued.

Sams face dropped, I could tell what he was thinking. A week? The nurse brought over a cannula for a drip and explained she would have to still fast me in case anything happened that required me to have surgery.

Sam had to go, he gave me a wave then left to get in the black shiny car I had been in the day before. I looked at the time,9 o clock. I closed my eyes, exhausted and hoped that I would be okay, for my sake, for Sams sake. I could hear a crying baby in the distance, and my Mums light breathing as she watched over me, asleep.

Hey guys, just to let you know, Hannah will return to school soon, so you don't have to read the boring bit about her watching films for a week and being bored, also soon Hannah will see Years & Years again and grow closer to them. Ily all, any questions or requests you can comment or direct me on my Instagram account @authorhf @hann.cf. Tysm, ily, goodbye for now xo.