Chapter 3

Karlie POV

I woke up so refreshed and relaxed, i just laid in bed. I rolled over and looked on the night stand at a picture of our family. It was a squad picture. Then i glanced at the wall that held a picture of me and Messiah at our 8th grade prom. I wore a beautiful floor length mermaid dress. Messiah wore a white tux, with red accesories. It was the last time i seen him. It was the night of my first kiss. And the night my heart broke for the first time.

I couldn't help the one tear that escaped my eye. But i wiped it quickly and got ready to start my day. After a shower and doing my hair i got dressed in a gray and pink jersey dress, then threw on my Jordan 14s to match. I put my hair in a sock bun and went downstairs. Our squad must've went home, it was only Chris and Kar on the couch sleep. I decided not to wake them. But i did take a picture for the gram. Today i had things to do. Starting with visiting Mama Joyce, Messiah's mother.

The ride to her house, like always, was short. Pulling up i saw her Bmw coupe in the drive way. Since im basically her daughter i just walk right in.
"Momma where you at?" I yell through the 3 story house.

"I'm in the 2nd floor kitchen baby!" Mama Joyce yelled back. I took the stairs two at a time cause i know she had to be cooking some chicken today. Walking in i smelt the greens, chicken, corn bread, and mashed potatoes. And boy did my stomach growl.

"Momma this smells so good " I exclaim about to drool.

"Fix yourself a plate. I knew you were coming today so i fugured i'd cook and we'd talk." The way she said it made me look at her, and i mean really look. Today its something different. She's happy. And i haven't seen her this happy in years. So not knowing what to say i dig in my plate.

During lunch there wasn't much said. We'd talk about the past and how she use to chase Messiah and i around trying to put our diapers on. It wasn't till she bought out her homemade oreo pie that shit got real.

"So Karlie are you still a virgin " She asked eating the pie. I on the other hand started choking on it. Coughing up a storm. When the couging died i looked at her weirdly.

"Yes ma i'm still one. Why would----"

"Messiah's back!" She interupted me. I didn't blink. I didn't speak. I just stared at her thinking i didn't hear correctly.

"Mom what did you say?"

"My son. Our Messiah. He's finally back Karlie. He's back."

After hearing her for the second time, i was shocked. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by the front door opening and closing.....

*~Who's at the door? How should Karlie feel? Did Momma Joyce set her up? Messiah's back? Fan? Vote? Comment?