Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Makayla*

It's the day before my birthday and I've been in bed all day. I have a fever and a splitting headache and every bone and muscle in my body aches as if they've been twisted into shapes just like baloon animals.

Xavier hasn't left my side and I wish he would so I can feel sorry for myself. It's beginning to become hard work to pretend that I'm not in pain in front of him. I also want to speak to Damon but we haven't spoken since the night of my party and I'm afraid it will be awkward again.

"Are you okay?" Xavier asked me for the fiftieth time.

My mother and Paul had been in to see me this morning and then Chris and Mindy. Mindy was keen to stay and talk but Xavier wouldn't leave the room so she shrugged and left with Chris.

I nodded again. "Yes Xavier."

He smiled softly. "You don't sound very convinccing."

"That's because I'm tired and I can't sleep with you staring at me Save." I told him with a sigh.

He nodded and stood up reluctantly. "I guess I can give you a few hours of peace. Call my name if you need me."

I nodded and he kissed my forehead before turning away and shutting the door behind him quietly. I saw his figure slump down beside the glass door and I sighed.

I closed my eyes and just as I was about to drift off to sleep I heard voices in the hallway.

"She's sleeping." I heard Xavier growl. "Let her rest."

I heard Damon laugh. "Let me talk to her Xavier, you know I can get past you but I'd rather you let me through."

I watched as Xavier shook his head. Damon shrugged and barged past him and into my room. He locked the door behind on the five different padlocks, shut brought down the blinds and grabbed a towel off my bed, rolled it up and shoved it under the door.

"Don't be afraid Kayla." He whispered.

I shook my head slowly and smiled. "I'm not."

"I wasn't sure how you'd feel about being locked inside, no one can hear us by the way." He informed me.

I heaved a sigh of relief and he sat on the bed near my legs. I instantly felt better and I closed my eyes enjoyed the releaving feeling. The pain dulled and I could breathe properly again.

"Xavier a little bit much don't you think?" I asked him trying to sit up a little.

He nodded and looked towards the blocked door. "Definitely, he's just worried you're in pain."

"I am." I told him honestly. Damon immediatly brought his hand to my face and I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"I'm okay." I told him. "It feels a little better now that you're in hear. Xavier just kept reminding me of it every ten minutes."

"Well I'm glad." He whispered. "Aren't you going to ask me why I'm here?"

I grinned and shook my head. "Nope, I'm just going to enjoy it."

I closed my eyes again and slowly started to drift off to sleep. i was almost there when I felt Damon stand up. My hand found his arm and I pulled him back down.

"Don't leave." I whispered. "Please stay with me."

"I'm just going to bring the chair around Kayla. I would never leave you, I promise." He whispered back.

I dropped his arm and fell to sleep.

* * * * *

When I woke up again Xavier had taken Damon's spot next to me and he was now sitting in the corner watching me. He stood up when he saw my eyes open and slowly walked over and grabbed my hand.

I looked up into his eyes and smiled. "You didn't leave me."

He smiled and shook his head. "I promised you."

Xavier's head whipped around at the sound of voices and I sighed. He grabbed my oother hand and kissed it. "How are you feeling beautiful?"

I shrugged. "I'm okay."

"Does it hurt?" He asked frantically.

I shook my head and looked at Damon. "Only a little."

Xavier's face relaxed and he stood up. "Do you need anything to drink?"

"Some tea would be great Save, thanks." I told him then watched his back as he turned and left the room.

"Now tell me how you're really feeling." Damon demanded.

"My body aches, it's only dull but it still hurts."I whispered truthfullly.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Stay here with me."

He grinned at me then nodded. "I cando that."

Then he leant down and hugged me.

*Xavier*

"I can do that." Damon said looking into Kayla's eyes and then leaning down to hug her.

I coughed.

Damon jumped away from her. "Oh, hey Xavier."

"Hey Damon, why don't you step outside for a moment?" I asked him trying to smile.

He looked back at Kayla and shrugged. She shook her head and grabbed his arm. "You promised."

"It'll only be a couple of minutes Kayla." He told her.

SHe sighed. "Fine."

He moved past me and shut the door behind him.

"Why'd you make him leave?" She asked with a frown. "I like having him in here."

I shrugged and sat down in the chair beside her. "I wanted some alone time with my girl." I grabbed her hand and she flinched away. "Is there something wrong?"

"Your hands are cold, that's all." She whispered softly. "And it kind of hurt a little."

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

 "It's fine Xavier." She promised.

"I'll let Damon back in." I told her heading for the door.

She grinned and nodded.

I opened the door and Damon stood up and grinned.

"Don't touch her." I told him feircly. "She told me it hurts her."

Damon shrugged. "Whatever man, she told me it makes her feel like there's less pain."

"She's probably just saying that to be polite." I whispered harshly.

Damon chuckled bitterly and stepped past me. "Nah, I think it's just you."

*Makayla*

They were arguing.

I could hear what they were saying and they both sounded angry and pissed off. Were they fighting over me?

Damon strolled in and sat in the seat beside me and I sighed. "What were you two talking about?"

He shrugged and grabbed my hand. "You."

"Why? I'm not that interesting am I?" I smiled.

He tilted his head. "Yes you are, but that's not what we were discussing. Xavier's a little jealous that you'd rather have me in here than him."

I frowned. "i don't remember saying that."

He shrugged. "You didn't have to."