Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Makayla

Xavier and I slowly strolled back to my house chatting about my birthday party. We had been talking more about my birthday but decided to move on before going home to my mum. I was starting to believe Xavier when he told me I was strong enough but it still take some convincing. I'm really worried about it all and it helps that I have him to talk to about it. Chris said that if I ever needed a girlfriend his is always there. And I think I'm going to jump at that chance and talk to her.

"Someone's here." Xavier said sounding puzzled. "Someone from my pack is here."

"It's probably just me, I might be part of your pack soon." I teased playfully.

Xavier was serious. He shook his head. "No, someone that's been a wolf for a while. Maybe Damon's still snooping around."

"Okay, that's majorly creepy. Don't you think?" I smiled.

Xavier nodded. "Stay back just in case. They might have realised what's happened."

I nodded and we walked in trying to be careful. We entered the house quietly.

"Just act normal." Xavier whispered.

I nodded again. "Mum, are you home?" I called.

"I'm in the kitchen sweetie." SHe replied. She sounded as if she'd been crying. I heard her sniff and I quickly ran into the kitchen, Xavier close behind.

"What's wrong mum, have you been...?" Damon was sitting at my kitchen table next to an older man who looked oddly like me and was holding mum's hand. "What's going on?"

The man and Xavier shared a look then Xavier turned to me. "Kayla, that's Paul. The leader of the pack. Let's sit down. I think he has something important to say."

I nodded and pulled up a chair next to my mother and Xavier in the middle of Damon and I. I looked at mum warily and she patted my hand reassuringly. She smiled at the man, Paul, and they both fixed their gazes on mine.

Mum spoke. "Honey, this is your father. Your real one."

I blinked a few times and looked at Xavier. He smiled and I looked back at Paul. "It's believeable, we do look alike. I never really believed dad was my actual dad. I never saw him, we never spoke, you guys were never close. I was surprised when you made it past ten years."

Paul and my mother laughed at me. "You're just like your father. In lots of ways." Mother said. She smiled again and hugged me close. "I'm so glad we don't have to lie to each other anymore."

I thought about that. "Okay well if we're not lying then I have something to say too."

I looked towards Xavier then at Damon. Damon looked away and Xavier grabbed my hand. "Go ahead."

"Well, on my sixteenth birthday I'm going to go through a big change and I'm going to turn into a werewolf because I fell in love with Xavier." I explained, almost all worry gone.

Mum laughed. "You think we don't know that? We're your parents I think we know what's going to happen to you."

I stared at her blanklly and she smiled softly. "You knew?" I whispered. "You knew all this time and you lied to me all these years?"

My mother's smile faded and she sobbed. "I'm sorry sweet heart but trust me everything's going to get better now."

I laughed harshly. "Trust you? How could you ever expect me to trust you again? You kept my own father hidden. You could've at least told me he was dead or didn't want to see me not just replace him and make out like he was my real father!"