Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

MAKAYLA

"Mum! I'm home!" I called from the front door when I arrived home that night.

"Buy anything interesting?" She called from the kitchen. I was surprised that she wasn't in her study.

"We all bought a bikini for the holidays." I said walking over to her. "Where's dad?"

"He's still at work. Are all of your friends allowed to come?" She asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. Arraine's the last one who has to ask for permission and..."

"...Arraine gets whatever she wants." She finished for me.

"It's not so much that. Her parents have just split and it's really hard for her. I don't think she's even planning on asking for permission. She's planning on just running off and leaving a note saying she's on holiday with us." I sighed. "Poor Rainy.

"I know she must be heart broken." We both just sat there for ages.

"I'm going upstairs to pack, then I might call her and just talk." I told her sadly.

"Okay, I'll see you later then?" She asked. "I was thinking we'd just sit and watch a movie. Dad's working late then tomorrow we'll pack and then leave on Monday."

"Sounds good to me." I shrugged walking the rest of the stairs. Once I got up to my room I dropped my bags on the floor and collapsed onto my bed. I was so tired.

I just lay there for a while trying to rest but I couldn't. I didn't know why I couldn't sleep, I just couldn't. I lay there for a few more minutes before I sat up and pulled my mobile out of my pocket. No messages. I decided to text Arraine.

 Hey, what's up? R u coming with us? I waited patiently.

 Of course. U don't even have 2 ask.

 I didn't know, have u asked yet?

 Kind of ;)

& by kinda u mean no? lol

 U got it, lol I G2G TTYL?

 Definitely! Bye (:

 I put my phone on my bedside table then sat up and switched on the TV the only thing on was a weird movie about some vampire gang or something. It wasn't long until I fell asleep and when I did I dreamt of my wolf and Zachary. I tried and tried to get rid of Zachary but he never left. I wished he would. He just never did.

When I woke up it was almost seven 'o' clock. I climbed off my bed and stumbled down the stairs. Dinner was on the table and mum was sitting on the couch curled up in a ball with a blanket. When she heard me she sat up.

"Oh, hey. You're up. Dinners ready. Are you?" She asked standing up.

"Yeah, sure. It looks delicious." I smiled.

We both sat down and started to eat. "It tastes delicious too." I smiled at her. "You sure know how to cook."

"Thanks sweetie. Did you do much packing?" She asked finishing her mouth full.

"Nope, I didn't get a chance to. I texted Arraine though." I explained.

"Did she say anything?" She asked concerned. "How is she?"

"She's actually fine. She says she's coming on holiday with us." I explained.

"Good. What about Emily and Olivia, can they come?" She asked casually.