4 I did love her

I did love her. I still do love her. But I am not sure if that means anything to her. One thing I know, I don't really want to see her again. When we got married in that grand wedding in that old cathedral, she promised to love me till death do us part. Well, death is a good way to part now. Though she did say, during our first anniversary, that she would love me better after death. She made me memorize that poem, for heaven's sake. How do I love thee and all that shit.

No, please, do not let me go back. Please, no, let me stay here in heaven. I promise never to badmouth heaven again. Seriously.

Well, it looks like this guy listened to me. He now tells me not to worry. He will send me back, but not to the same body. He will send me back in a different body, as an adult. I do not have to be born again as a baby and wait so long to be as old as I am now. I will be resurrected – I think he used the word reincarnated – as a male, single, mature adult.

Maybe things won't be so bad, after all. Maybe I will meet Julie again and she won't meet that asshole again and maybe we can live happily ever after after all. Perhaps even meet here in heaven again. Perhaps.

What? Now, that really sucks! This guy with the beard says I won't remember my past life at all, except in moments of great stress. How can I find Julie again if I won't remember that we were once happily married, that I loved her even when she was unfaithful to me, that I want to be with her again? Holy shit!

?�L�B\