22 He seemed like a good guy

Saturday morning could have been the beginning of perhaps an overnight trip with Frankie, but Julie was just not in the mood. She had had her orgasm the other day, and that was good enough to tide her over the next couple of weeks. She had the urge and she fulfilled it. Frankie was good for that, but not having to lie to her husband about working in school must have taken partly away the thrill of a whole day or even the whole weekend with this married man. This married man who still refused to leave his wife. This married man who did not seem as attractive now that she was free to be with him.

She spent the morning putting all of her husband's books into boxes, to be donated to some library somewhere. She had first thought of giving them to her own school, but she dreaded the thought of seeing them in the hands of the children to remind her of her unfaithfulness. She also put all of her husband's clothes into boxes, also to be donated to some charity somewhere.

Her husband was meticulously neat. It did not take long for her to get the books and the clothes into several huge, identical boxes.

She wondered who would be interested in the boxes. Then she thought of Father Romy. He seemed like a good guy, rather attractive actually, a bit like her husband, tall, serious but with a little lightness in his eyes, unflappable. If he were not a priest, she mused momentarily, he might even make someone a good husband, or perhaps a lover, or at least a friend.

She needed a friend. Perhaps Father Romy could be a friend.

She asked the driver to carry the boxes to the parking area and place them inside her van, one of several vehicles she and her husband owned.

She would go to the parish and look up that priest who did not mind being bullied by her.