We have to help him

"Woah," Ratchet stared at the planet drifting further from his sight. "So that's where I've been stuck all these years?"

"Please return your hands to the steering mechanism," Clank warned, where Ratchet rolled his eyes and held his grip on the steering wheel.

"Sorry," Ratchet said sarcastically. "Do you think Nathan's worried? Do you think he'll be alright?"

Clank stared forward, not bringing eye contact to Ratchet. "I am sure he will be fine."

"But what if he's worried?" Ratchet suggested. "What if he wants to know where I am? I should never have left him..."

"Ratchet -- "

"Clank, you don't understand." The Lombax sighed. "Nobody does."

Clank held his mouth open only to be interrupted by an incoming call. Ratchet didn't even realize he was heading straight forward to a base, lightyears away from Earth and Nathan. Abruptly, a small twig appeared on the screen, slightly making Ratchet jump. He'd never seen another creature aside from zoo animals on the television set and Nathan, so it was intriguing to him. His mood almost instantly changed when he heard the malefic creature's voice.

"Greetings, Lombax." Tachyon greeted.

Ratchet held his ears, squinting as the thing spoke. He was starting to hate this nickname he was getting from everyone. It really annoying.

"Who are you?" Ratchet blurted.

"You don't recognize me? I'm hurt." Tachyon joked in a non-joking manner. Clank exchanged glances with Ratchet, then returned his attention to Percival.

"Emperor Tachyon, you are too late. Ratchet is on his way to find the Dimensionater, far from where you will ever find him." Clank said.

Dimensionater? Ratchet asked himself.

"Oh, I doubt he will do that." Tachyon stated bluntly as the camera switched onto Nathan, strapped to a machine, getting electrified to near death. "With a life on the line!"

"Don't listen to him, Ratchet!" Nathan screamed between the pain, but Tachyon quickly switched the camera back to hisself.

"Oh but he has no choice, Nathan Drake." Tachyon sneered. "It's something about Lombaxes and their loyalty to father figures...so predictable."

"Let Nathan go, Tamsin!"

"Tachyon," Clank corrected.

"Tachyon!"

The emperor sighed. "And why would I do that when it is you who I truly desire? You see, your father sacrificed himself for you. Just to watch to flee, which resulted in his death. Oh, of course not this man, Nathan Drake. You didn't think he was your real father, did you?"

Ratchet bit his lip, growling.

"Oh, you did!" Tachyon giggled. "How marvelous. The little Lombax thought an incompetent human was his father. The shame of all races."

"Why do you want me?" Ratchet sneered.

"Because, child, you are the last of your kind. You're the last piece to complete my puzzle." Tachyon grinned. "After your death is over and done with, then I can simply move on with my life and so can your so called 'father'."

"Nathan isn't my father," Ratchet spat. Though he was already facing so much pain, Drake managed to show a hurt face in the background.

"Emperor Tachyon, you will not succeed in your malefic plot to destroy Lombax history." Clank added, "Ratchet will stop you."

Ratchet raised a brow. "He will?"

Clank returned his gaze. "He will."

"And you've got yourself a little backpack? Oh, how adorable. And to think your kind used to be so clever."

"Ah, I don't know. He can be quite the smart ass at times." Ratchet said, grooming the fuzz on his chin.

"Shut up! If you want to take Nathan Drake's place in the execution in the Solana Galaxy, then you will meet me there at the battle station where his death will be televised across all galaxies." Tachyon cheered. "I love a good execution."

The media cut out, where Ratchet slammed his fist on steering wheel. "Damn!"

"Ratchet, you cannot walk yourself into -- "

"Don't bother, Clank, I'm doing it anyways. I have to. Nathan saved me, I owe him one." Ratchet said as he punched in a few numbers.

"But you would be giving Tachyon what he wants."

"It's what family does, Clank. It's what he would do." Ratchet finally found the right coordinates, clicking and tracing it to the steering pad. "There's a black hole we can probably use to get to this galaxy. Buckle up."

"Ratchet, I believe we have forgotten to instal the seat-belts." Clank inquired.

Ratchet smiled for the first time since morning. "It's just an expression" was his last words as they plunged into the hole into certain death.

Nathan held the bobby pin, twirling and twisting it every which way, but found no use. He cursed as the pin fell from his grasps. Two fishbowls were watching him amusingly, laughing each time he would fail. Nathan would just send them an evil glare to shut them up.

Drake had his fingers crossed Ratchet wouldn't follow him, but he knew the Lombax. And if this was with his life on the line, it was no use. He was in danger.

Nathan stared at the clock, watching it tick the minutes by. His neck rung low. What was happening?

A/N: No comment.

Sorry for shortness,
Brooke