:Prologue:

(This book is going to get a re-write okay? Because I always cringe when I see this book, it's my first and it deserves a rewrite.)

Before any sort of civilization was seen, there was the sign in the midst of endless woods. 'Welcome to Gravity Falls!' It read, I smiled happily. "I can't wait to see them!" I gushed, so glad to finally be able to see my cousins. "I know it's been such a long time!" My mother laughed. "And your great-uncle will be watching you for the summer." My mom chuckled. My father, in the drivers seat, turned back and beamed. I've heard stories of this place. Unexplained happenings, ghosts... even demons.

"Uncle Stanford. What a guy." He said holding out his hand as we drove through the endless trees. You could easily get lost in them. This place was creepy, and I love creepy. A clearing among the trees opened up. "We're here!" I peeked to the front and saw a shack in shambles. It didn't look the best, but it had character. I leaned back to look at my parents. I was going to miss them. My parents were going to work in Europe for the summer, so they shipped me here. With my twin cousins that were all the way on the other side of the family. Distant, but someone we could count on, as Dad stated. Uncle Stanford would be watching me, but it doesn't seem like there's any real danger in these woods. I stared at the shack looming ahead as we stopped.

'Mystery Hack' I smiled softly and saw an S lying beside the sign. I was really nervous, my hands clammed up as I stared out the window. My two cousins, Dipper and Mabel, I haven't seen since I was four. We travelled to California for a family reunion because of our great grandmother's death. I remember them, inseparable. Mabel had grabbed my shirt and screamed how much she loved the color while Dipper stood back staring. He was shy when he was little, but hopefully twelve years helped that. Hopefully, anyway. In all, I missed them. I heard from them a few times, and knew that they came up to this place once before and had a blast. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I feared.

I opened up the car door, weary of the forest around me. I decided to open the door, my parents already inside and talking with uncle Stanford. The air was as thick as a blanket, clinging tightly to me. The trees loomed above me, shielding off the harsh sunlight. I loved the forest, no matter how terrible it seemed. I peered around and saw the woods, how eerie they looked. Oh how I'd explore them until I knew it like the back of my hand. I could almost hear the calling of the forest, whispering in the wind for me to get lost and never come out. A faint buzz began in my ears. A mosquito?

It continued to get louder, and louder until I was suddenly ambushed. Two arms wrapped around my neck, and an entire 140 pound of pure energy leaped onto my back. I shrieked, trying to keep myself upright and getting whatever this thing was off. "Oh (Y/n)!! It's so great to see you again! You're all grown up and sixteen!" I turned to see Mabel, beaming over my shoulder. I laughed and spotted Dipper, dawdling behind. "Mabel, you can't just sneak up behind someone like that."
"I was yelling the whole way!" Mabel shot back slipping from off my back. I turned and smiled, watching the siblings bicker. Wow... I don't recognize them at all. Mabel had braces in, and wore a sweater and a skirt. Odd combination for the heat, but it's her choice. Dipper had on a vest and shorts, as well as a t-shirt. Yeah, that's more appropriate. I laughed to myself, as the twins turned. "It's great to see you (Y/n)." Dipper said smiling, he hugged me. I hugged him tightly. "So, why don't you guys tell me about this place?"

The two shared a look, I couldn't catch the emotion quick enough. Mabel smiled at me. "Hey, let's grab your things and we'll tell you everything!!" I nodded and grabbed my bags, following the twins up the stairs and past my parents.

The forest, though it calls to me.