:Ghost Nerds:

I happily walked into the shack, finding a store inside. I blinked as a redhead sat, her feet on the counter and flipping through a magazine. "No refunds." She droned as a man came walking by with a green shirt. A large question mark was in the middle of it and he carried a toolbox. "Doo da doo doe doo!" He hummed as I watched. I smiled and looked around the shop. It was so cool, but faker than my best friends patience.

My arm was tapped, I turned to see Mabel smiling. "This is the gift shop Gruncle Stan owns." She said twirling around. "Gruncle..?" I said slowly, testing the word on my lips. "It's great uncle wrapped up in one!" Mabel exclaimed happily. "I really like your sweater." I said running my finger over the design. She beamed. "Made it myself!" Dipper sighed coming up behind her. "Along with all others she made." I could sense the fondness behind that soft smile.

"Let's show you the room!" Mabel said and took my hand. I smiled as she dragged me upstairs. "Mabel! You're going to rip her arm out of her socket!" Dipper said as he ran behind us. "Am not!" I stumbled on the last step but recovered with a grunt. We stood in the attic, there were a few rooms, but one door was open. "Here! Here!" Mabel said pulling me through. She released her iron grip and I gently rubbed my wrist. I looked up and found the quaint room nice and cozy. In the corner was a blow up mattress with a rickety bed frame around it. "Did Gruncle Stan build that?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "Nah." Dipper said.

"He probably asked Soos to." I looked at Dipper. "Soos?" I asked slowly. "Big man with the giant question mark shirt." I nodded slowly at the recognition. "Yeah, I saw him." Dipper nodded. "Good at handiwork. So, it should hold up. Probably there for decoration, so don't sit on it." I gave him a thumbs up and set my stuff beside my bed.

"Oooh!" Mabel sang seeing my ghost story book on top. I sighed smiling, dad remembered. "Wow! This is so cool (Y/n)!" She said flipping through. I beamed proudly. "Yeah, it's my favorite!" I said, Dipper cleared his throat. "Yeah, well, I didn't know you liked ghost stories." He said slowly, I nodded. "I love them. Getting scared is what I live for! But, sometimes I get too paranoid." Dipper blinked. "Why?" I sighed. "Because it feels like they're real sometimes, like they'll come to get me." Dipper put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "(Y/n), I'm sure no ghost would hurt you. You're too nice." I blinked and pulled back. "Who said I was nice? You're my cousins. I like being nice around you. Other people.. meh, if they're nice to me."

Dipper and Mabel helped me unpack and put everything in order. "You should get some posters, it'll make everything feel more homey." Mabel said. I nodded and examined their sides. Maybe, one day, this will feel like a second home. "So, tell me, how have you two been?" I asked sitting on my bed. Dipper and Mabel smiled. "We have a lot to tell you."

We talked until it turned dark, the shadows outside beckoning me. "Wow, your summers sound like fun." I said smiling at the adventures they had. Even finding out Gruncle Stan had a brother, a twin! How cool. The fact that they found him holed up in a shed in the woods, or how they fought off a ten year old who had a crush on him was amazing. And weird. Very weird. Soos found an outdated video game that glitches out and crashes... I wish I would've played it. Everything they talked about, was amazing. This town was just so old and weird. I wanted to explore it for myself.

"Soos needs help around the shack tomorrow, and Mabel is going to be hanging out with Candy and Grenda." Dipper said as we were getting into our beds. "You can hang out with either one of us." He said. I smiled at him and shook my head. "I think I'll take the time to explore the town myself, I want to make sure I see everything firsthand." I said quietly. Dipper nodded and Mabel looked towards me. "Well, I'll be at Candy's house! You're always welcome to join us! We're watching rom coms!" I thanked her for the generous offer. We all settled to bed and went to sleep swiftly.

The forest still called me, ever so softly,