:The Burn:

The room I sat in was dimly lit. I tried to move, but I was tied down. Red, grey and black were all I saw. A wrestling ring was in front of me. I blinked and suddenly there was a corpse on the stage. Well, half of one. The torso. The body looked badly burnt, all red and black. I turned my head to see a motorcycle with a pike attached to it. The rider I couldn't identify. It revved, and a hand grabbed my shoulder. The presence alone made me keep my head forward, watching. The motorcycle drove forward, I screamed but couldn't close my eyes.

"Good morning (Y/n), it's nice to see you." I stared at the boy, his smile unnerving. Bill stood, leaning against the outside wall of the arcade. "Morning." I responded. I was exhausted, I couldn't fall back asleep after the nightmare. "Feeling tired? We can go to Greasy's Diner and get some coffee." I opened my mouth to speak, but a yawn escaped. Bill grinned. "I'll take that as a yes?" I nodded with a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't sleep well."
"Don't apologize! Most people feel way more comfortable talking over food when first meeting." Bill said leading me to a sleek black Mercedes Benz. "Hop in."
"You drive that in a small town?"
"What, were you expecting? Me to roll up in some truck?" He asked disgusted. "I'm not from around here if you haven't noticed." I barked out a laugh and climbed in the front seat.

"Where are you from?" Bill asked after our order was taken. I awkwardly sat up. "Uhh, we moved around a lot. We lived in Washington last." Bill smiled at me. "Where have you lived?" I began listing out various states where mom and dad have dragged me because of their job. "Sounds like a blast." I laughed softly. "Yeah..."

"What about you? Where have you lived?"

Bill looked at me and shrugged. "Here and there, but I've mostly stayed in Oregon. This is my favorite place." He said quietly. "Gravity falls, one of the weirdest places I've been. It seems to have a barrier, calling me to it. It's like I can't escape." He hissed, voice hardening. His grip on the table tightened. "My great Uncle Ford says that everything happens for a reason. He believes in fate. Do you think it's fate?" Bill rolled his eyes. "Fate is a game played by the gods. It amuses them." He sneered. I awkwardly sat back in silence and examined him.

He wore a yellow sweater vest over a white dress shirt. The vest had a black diamond pattern down it, leading to his black jeans and black high tops. His fingers held rings, accenting his caramel skin. His nails had chipped black polish coming off. On his neck I could see a tattoo peeking out a bit, which made me curious. His eyes... were a light brown. They looked gold at times. One eye was a bit darker than the other though. His left eye looked almost blind. His hair covered it mostly. It was a half and half job, with a natural looking sandy blonde and then the other half pitch black. "What?" He asked after a moment.

"Are bees your favorite animal?"

Bill's face scrunched up in either confusion or disgust. I was laughing too hard to figure out. "What? Where'd that come from? And no." I took a moment to breathe. "You just... your pattern."
"My pattern?" Bill asked looking at himself. "What?" I smiled and gestured to him. "Your style, black and yellow. Did you get it from Bumblebee the Transformer or what?" I asked giggling. Bill scoffed. "I think the colors are snazzy, thank you." I began to laugh harder. "And it's gold and black. Gold!" Lazy Susan walked to our table with our drinks and smiled. We thanked her and I turned back to Bill. "Gold does suit you." I said taking a sip of my soda. A winning smile crossed Bill's face. "Thank you."

As our order was set down in front of us, I talked of my parents job. How they worked together and sometimes just forgot about me. "They love me though," I said quickly. "They're not trying to make me feel bad, they just forget that I might need... you know, friends." Bill sat in thought, staring at me for a long moment. "They don't forget." He said. "They just don't want you hurt." I looked at him with a frown. "Okay..." I said slowly and continued on my pancakes.By the time we finished, Bill paid and left a nice tip for lazy Susan.

"Thank you." I said as he drove me to the shack. "For everything. I think we're going to become great friends." I said as he slowed to a stop just shy of the shack. "Do you want to come in?" I asked. "Ah..." Bill looked extremely uncomfortable. "No." My hand hovered on the handle. "Why not?"
"Your cousins and I don't have the... best of feelings towards each other." I blinked. "I never mentioned my cousins." I said.

"I know these Pines' personally. The fact that you were coming was an excitement all over town (Y/n)." He said and looked at the shack with a frown. "I haven't been welcomed here in three years, and I doubt I ever will again." I opened my mouth like a fish then closed it. "What happened?"
"It doesn't matter. You might wanna go before Shooting Star sees me." I sighed and got out of the car. "See you later?" I asked. He smiled. "Of course. Wait! What's your number?" He asked laughing. I rattled it out to him and waved as he left. I turned to the shack with a smile and made my way inside. "What's for dinner?" I called out.

"So, how was your day?" Stan asked. I smiled and prodded the mashed potatoes, the tv rambled on about the... weird news. "I made a friend." Mabel turned. "That's great! What's their name?"
"William." Dipper swallowed his food. "I've never heard of a William." I thought fast, I don't want them to get angry because of Bill already. I just found someone who may be great company and lead me to not bothering my cousins much. "Oh, he just came for the summer." I said and looked at the tv. "Ghosts. Are they real? Are they in the woods? Who knows, who cares." "He's investigating the woods. Says they're haunted." Ford muttered something and got a stern look from Stan. "Do you think you'll tag along with him?" Dipper asked slowly. "Maybe. I enjoyed going into the woods with you guys last week." Mabel swallowed and stared at the tv. "But you... collapsed. You were unconscious."
"Ah, just dehydration." I scoffed. That's what Uncle Ford told me when I woke up in his not-meth-lab basement room. "A simple case of dehydration. Make sure you drink more water if you're going to investigate humid woods." The rest of the family shrugged it off. "Be careful." Dipper said quietly.

After dinner the twins went outside. "We need to find out who this William is." Dipper said, pacing in front of Mabel. "Or maybe he's just a normal guy who happened to meet (Y/n) when she was exploring the town."
"No!" Dipper said. "Think about it. They eyes on her arm? William? Mabel, what if Bill is back and he's targeting (Y/n)."
"No way. She hung out with a person today. I saw a car pull up. A really nice car, but a car no less. There was someone in the drivers seat." Dipper heaved a sigh. "The anxiety?"
"Maybe she senses what this place is."
"And what's that?" Dipper asked. "This town is so— excuse my language— fucked mediums can't step foot in this town without collapsing." Mabel said. "Maybe she's a medium."
"Who has such horrible nightmares she wakes up crying?" Mabel silenced. "I know you hear it too. Something's up. We're just going to have to be... sneaky." Dipper said slowly. "And we need a plan. A good plan."
"Your plans are stupid." Mabel said. "But if we worked together, and hell, maybe even included Ford and Stan they could help and we could find who this new guy is." Dipper said. Mabel blinked. "And if he's an average joe normal guy?"
"The only 'normal' guy is Tad. And even he's creepy. I do not think anyone in this town is normal."
"He moved here, isn't that what she said?"
"Mabel, were we normal?" Dipper asked. "Ever? Hell, the only reason I'm nicknamed Dipper is my weird birthmark." Mabel sighed. "You... have a point. But that doesn't mean we infringe on her life."
"What other choice we have?"
"Trust. We should trust her." Dipper scowled. "Mabel, I couldn't have been the only one who saw the triangle burnt into the grass." He snapped.

"Face it, we both saw the eyes on the trees around (Y/n). Something's wrong, and we need to fix it."