Chapter 1

The Taking  

Ally held him in her arms. He slept quietly. The sweet noises he made helped her forget all of the horrors she'd been through. He was her Savior the only thing that made her life worth living. The past six months was the only time she'd truly felt alive.

15 years ago Ally was 17 years old. She just finished school for the day and was on her way home. She lived just three blocks from the school. Mrs. Robbins was trying to unload the groceries from her car. Ally stopped to help her like she always did. Mrs. Robbins helped raise her ever since she was little.

After helping Mrs. Robbins, Ally resumed her walk home. Ally could walk this path backwards with a blindfold on. She was reading " to kill a Mockingbird "it was assigned as homework a week ago. Allie figured she would finish the last couple of chapters before she got home.

Ally turned the last quarter. She was too busy reading to notice the moving truck or the man standing besides it. And she came up right beside him, he made his move. The white cloth went to her face, while he wrapped his left arm around her. Ally try to fight back but her 5'1", 95 pound frame was no match.

Her body went limp as he lifted her into the back of the truck. He placed her in the cage with practiced precision. Only when she woke would she notice the other six figures lying limp in their own cages. He slammed the back door closed and hastily drove off.

Ally's parents got home late that night. When they realized she was not home and that there was no message saying where she was, they called the police. The officer informed them that nothing could be done until the 48 hour mark had gone by. He kept trying to convince them that she was a party or a friends house or just hanging out with a friend and not to worry too much.

Ally heard crying. She tried her hardest to open her eyes but everything was dark. The sound of crying was surrounding her. The dark dizzy feeling started to fade. She was slowly able to open her eyes. A wave of nausea washed over her. She tried to refrain from losing control.

There was a light coming from the far corner. Something was blocking her view. Panic set in when you realization of her cage took to her thoughts. Ally could just barely make out the other cages all around her. She tried to call out but her sore throat prevented that from happening. She searched around her and found a bowl of water. Her fear making her hesitate, she slowly brought the bowl to her parched lips, and Took the smallest of sips.

Noise was heard from the direction of the light. It sounded faintly of voices and footsteps. The crying stopped. It was then that Ally saw the figures shift in the cages besides hers. That out line of someone came from the lighted door. As it came closer Allie could make out the beard he wore, the cat was worn low to help block the light from showing his features. As he walked by each cage he tossed something through the bars.It was a chunk of bread when he dropped the last piece he turned without ever saying a word and left the same way he came.

Ally picked up the bread. She was so hungry, she took a large bite. It tasted so good. She couldn't fathom why she was so hungry. "How long has she been asleep for? What do these people want with her, the others? Who are the others in the cages?" She couldn't keep the questions from flying around in her head.

The girl in the cage next to her started crying again. Ally try to control her own fear by consoling her. "Hello. I'm alley. It's okay. We will be okay." The girl turned and stared at Ally. Ally was shocked at how young the girl looked. She looked to be around 11 or 12. Her pitch black hair was smashed against the side of her face. Her face puffy and her eyes bloodshot from crying. "No it's not" she sniffled "it will be, I'll figure out how to fix this. I promise! Ally boasted trying to calm the other girl."

Later on Ally got the girls talking. She was the oldest. Lana was 16 two cages over. on Ally's right was just and Jen. They were sisters. Jess was 16 also and Jen was only 14. Rena was also 14 in the middle cage. Brina was the only one who spoken to Ally earlier. Nikki was 15 and trapped in the cage just right of Lana. Between Nikki and Brina was Kells. Kells was 15 as well.

Ally compared the girls in her head and came up with no common things. Brina was green eyes with black hair. Lana was a redhead with bright green eyes. Jess and Jen both had the blue eyes blonde hair. Nikki, Kells, and Ally herself All had brown hair brown eyes. The only commonality was the fact that they were all girls and all under 18.

They talked for what seemed like two hours before the man came back. He stalked more then walked into the room. Ally held her ground while the others cowered to the back of their cages. "What do you want?" Ally demanded. The man just laughed, " All of you!" Was his response, "each of you will come to love me and thank me or you'll stay in your cage forever!"

A tear fell down Ally's cheek. How was she going to protect these girls.