Chapter 10

I stumbled down the hall. Looking at the ground. The stone looked different, almost Darker. Was it the lighting or had I just not noticed it before? They felt colder beneath my bare feet. The walls were rougher as my fingers ran across them.  My legs quivered as I slowly crept down making my way to the dining room. The wooden door finally came into view. My whole being was so weak I stumbled and came crashing to the ground just at the foot of the massive door. I felt so small lying there. Inching my closer I reached my hand up to grab ahold of the handle, my fingers just missing, crashed to the stone. I lay my head down too weak to try again. I was defeated. I was not me. My eyes start to drift closed.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

I awake in a warm bed. I feel as though I had been bathed. Dressed in clean linens. Almost replenished. I am still weak, but I have enough strength to sit up in bed. Slowly I maneuver my feet over the side. Careful not to move to fast for fear of crashing to the floor. My thoughts drift to an image of Ryan laying motionless on the floor, blood pooling around him. I shudder. I must get control of myself. I must. I depend on it. There's a glass with water on the table by the bed. I reach for it. The glass is still cool. It must have not been sitting there to long. Steadily I bring it to my lips. They scream in protest as I open them to take a sip. They're so dry. How long have I been out? Too many Questions start to flood my mind. I breathe in slowly. I exhale even slower. "One more sip then it's time to stand." I tell myself. My hand still shakes as I place the glass down. My feet finally hit the floor. Its soft Carpet if I remember correctly. I go to stand and find my legs to be stronger than I thought. I move towards the door at the foot of the bed.

It looks like any other door. The one you'd find in a house not the large wooden ones I'd been stuck behind for longer than I can remember. I reach for the handle. Its cool to the touch. I strengthen my grio around it. Swallowing the lump in my throat I turn the knob. The door creaks as I open it an inch. I freeze. I wait. I don't hear anything so another inch. Inch by inch I open the door. I'm staring into pitch darkness. I can feel the pit in my stomach growing ever larger. Even larger with each step I take. I end my journey into the darkness by crashing into something hard. I cry out in pain. I can hear voices. They sound like they're coming from a different room.  A Door opens spilling light onto me. I blink. Shapes are coming towards me. I start to back up. "Jessica?" I hear the voice say. I look. This man looks like my father, but why is he calling me Jessica? Behind him my mother steps closer, "Jessica? Are you okay hunny? What Happened?" I look bewildered towards both of them. " Why are you calling me Jessica? I'm Ally?" They look at each other and start whispering.

My mother squats down to get close to me. "Sweety, You're name is Jessica. Your medication stopped working. Remember? Ally isn't real. She's all in your head."

I'M CRAZY!!! I realize. I have no idea who I am...

The End.