Ron's Memory

Everyone was silently staring at Ron, hoping he would remember everything.

'Young man. Can you hear me? I'm Doctor Channing. You are in St Mungo's Hospital. Can you tell me your name?' The Doctor asked.

Ron rubbed his eyes.

'Em, Ron... Ron Weasley.' He spoke in a confused tone.

'That's great, Ron. And can you tell me your friends' names?' Asked the doctor again.

'Hermione - she's my girlfriend, Harry and my sister - Ginny.' Ron said looking around the room.

Hermione weeped happily and hugged into Ron.

'Are you alright? You remember me? Us?' Hermione asked still crying.

'Of course I remember us, come here.' Ron said grabbing Hermione and holding her against his chest.

'Well I will leave you to it just now. Perhaps Ron's parents should come visit. So far so good, it sounds like his memory has fully returned. You'll stay in hospital for a few days, we'll keep an eye on you. Before I go can I get you anything, something to eat or drink, anyone?' Dr Channing asked.

'I could do with some grub and a drink.' Ron said 'I'm starving.'

This was no surprise to anyone.

'Sure, I will have someone bring you some dinner straight away.' The doctor replied.

2 days later Ron was ready to leave hospital. Hermione had stayed with Ron, by his side, the whole time.

'Ready to get home to your own bed?' Hermione asked as she packed the last of Ron's belongings.

'So ready!' Ron said smiling.

'You know...' Hermione started. 'I thought I was going to lose you again. I can't cope with something like this happening again. What would I have done if you forgot me?' Hermione began to sob.

'Stop, Hermione, stop. I love you. I'd never forget you or us, never.' Ron pulled Hermione against him and kissed her forehead. 'Lets go home.' Ron said soothingly and they disapparated.