Chapter 2

The next day was their day off before a gruesome training. The majority of the team made their way down to the breakfast room where the food was there waiting for them. A bouncy Alex made her way over to Tobin. "Good morning Tobs," she gave a grin at the midfielder. Her eyes were wide and her face was lit up with energy as she grabbed a plate.

Tobin grabbed a plate for herself as she laughed softly. "Hey there Lex, what's got you so hyper this morning?"

Alex shrugged, getting her food. "I don't know. I think I slept pretty well last night." Her arm brushed against Tobin and Tobin's breath came to a stop temporarily. Just best friends, she thought to herself. But if it they were just best friends, why was she acting this way? "So what are you doing today?"

"I think later this afternoon Lauren and I are gonna visit a coffee shop around the corner," Tobin informed her, smiling at the thought of visiting the mini coffee shop.

"What about you baby horse?"

"Probably hang out with Syd or something," Alex shrugged, not really knowing what to do.

"We should get going Tobs," she gave Tobin a smile before taking Tobin's free hand in hers and walked over to their table.

Tobin laughed, letting the young forward drag her along, feeling a little tingly with the contact. They usually never had this type of physical contact.

It's probably because she misses Servando. Tobin keeps thinking to herself as they both arrive at the table.

"You okay there Alex?" Hope asked raising an eyebrow at Alex.

"Yup!" Alex grinned, popping the 'p' at the end of the word. "I'm doing great!"
she exclaimed enthusiastically.

Hope's eyes moved over to Tobin waiting for an explanation. "Don't look at me," Tobin said as she put her hands up defensively. "I just saw her a few minutes ago. I honestly think someone drugged her last night."

Alex punched Tobin's arm as soon as that remark came out. "Hey! No they didn't! Am I not allowed to be happy?"

"That's legit what I had to deal with this whole morning," Ali groaned pointing to the bouncy Alex.

"Ow! Lex stop moving so much," Tobin whined rubbing her arm.

"What's up baby horse?" Abby asked with an amused expression on her face.

She knew Alex never got this excited and energetic up without a particular reason.

"Nothing" she replied rather quickly. "I just slept really well." Though Tobin knew her better than that, but decided to remain quiet.

The subject quickly dropped as more of the team makes their way into the room. Breakfast is filled with laughter, but all Tobin's thinking about is Alex and why she's in such a good mood.

She's never like this, but is it true about what she said that she slept well? Tobin thought to herself.

As everyone goes their separate ways, Tobin decided to accompany Cheney and go around for a little before going to the coffee shop.

"You seemed a little out there today Tobs," Lauren pointed out as they started heading towards the elevators.

"Really?" Tobin asked her longtime friend.

Lauren gave her a look. "The only person you would ever really focus on was Alex."

"I paid attention to the conversations" Tobin replied.

"Oh really?" Lauren raised her eyebrow. "Please enlighten me"

Crap...uhhhhh crap.

Tobin was lost for words. It was safe to say she was speechless.