Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"WHAT?!" That fat cow! Oh I'll give her a taste of my mischief.
The Daily Prophet was crumpled in my hand, and my face was probably as red as my hair. To say that I was fuming was an understatement.

One might say that I was over reacting. But to that one I would say 'shut the hell up. Skeeter's a something I'd rather not say.
She was one of the main reasons why I left.

James entered the kitchen, and his eyes widened when he saw the newspaper in my hand.
"So you've read it?"

"You knew about this?" I said taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

"Yeah, saw it in the morning. Like early morning. Oh, she hasn't stopped doing this and I don't think she will. Let it go."
"Hmm" I nodded, resisting the urge to smirk at 'let it go'. Very old and a very i-got-it-stuck-in-my-head kind of song. I went crazy when I first saw the movie with a muggle friend (who told me it was a movie from her childhood days), I'd be singing the bloody songs every-freaking-where.

My eyes flickered back to the paper, and I felt a surge of anger in me, but I, as James said, 'let it go'.

"Morning." Lily droned dully, as she walked in the kitchen, her magenta robe clashing badly with her fiery read hair, which was pulled into a messy bun.
Her face was saggy and there were prominent bags under her eyes, giving her the look of a zombie.

She slumped on the table and buried her head in her arms.
"Hey Lils, what's up with you?" James asked smiling at her haphazard state.

"I've been up the whole night, reading that Sherlock book I found on Grandpa's desk. I regret nothing." she replied her voice muffled.

He threw his head back laughing and I smiled.

"I heard Skeeter's name." Lily inquired.

"She enjoys her articles very much." James mouthed/whispered to me.

My eyes widened. "I'm sorry Lily
dear but you are disowned. No child of mine is allowed to like Skeeter." I said flatly.

"Oh I just like her for a laugh. Who did she target outrageously this time?" She asked, her head propped on her hands. She reached for the crumpled newspaper, and after skimming through it for a while, her smirk transformed into an 'O'.

She bit her lip and looked at me, an unsure look in her eyes.
"Oh- you know- I meant that- I like the comedy in her articles-and" She stuttered, a sorry look in her eyes.

James was now clutching his sides, roaring with laughter, while I just smirked at her. She looked so helpless right now.
"I- Oh James, will you shut up?!"
she glared, and slammed her head on the table groaning.
He raised his hands up in surrender. "Well chaps, I'm off to work."

"As in going to the joke shop, for his own enjoyment, and getting paid for it." lily retorted.
"Haha Lily-flower, you're just jelly. I'm off, Freddie was saying hello."

" Wait, Freddie works at the joke shop?"
"Of course he does. Do you imagine him working somewhere else?"

"He seemed to be, more of a serious and philosophical person"

James and Lily looked at each other for a while and burst out laughing.

"Freddie and-and- and serious?" James said in between howls of laughter.

I stared enquiringly.

"He fooled you bad Mum! Why he's my partner in crime" James said, closing the door behind him.

I soon caught on and just nodded.

"Shit I've got to go to the ministry today!" Lily exclaimed, eyes popping.

"My job interview. At the broom regulatory authority." She explained, answering my quizzical look.

I bit my lip. I had missed out on so much. if only I had been a bit more braver.....

I shook my head getting rid of my previous thoughts. What's done was done. Everyone was safe.

A/N: Short and shitty.
Love ya X
Vote
Comment
Eat
Breathe
Tumblr
okay I'll leave •_•

Dedicated to @Scarlet Weasley for urging me to "Update!" Ilysm

[Drag me down=feels]

Tell me about your embarrassing moments while fan/girl/boy/ing down in the comments below :3