Chapter 1

Chapter 1

=========================

"Divorced just a month ago. Given birth to my third child, my only daughter 9 years ago, I Ginerva Po - no Weasley was tired of life. And mostly the stuff that made it into the gossip columns in the Daily Prophet. Nobody out here, who doesn't know me; the ex wife of Harry Potter. So I made a choice, I wasn't sure if I wouldn't regret it. I couldn't"

I wiped a bead of sweat from my eyebrow, after a long day of hard work, before going over to my next customer, music playing faintly in the background. "I'll have the club sandwiches please" he said with his eyes closed, his voice sounded stressed. "Anything to drink with that?" I asked without looking up from my notepad, my vision unfocused because I was simply exhausted. "Uh. I think I'll have some ginger tea." he said, pinching the bridge of his nose, I think. My eyes were clouded. He must be bonkers to order tea in this weather when people were thirsty for every sip of cold water they could get their hands on. "It'll be up in ten" I said a little louder this time, I don't know why. He finally opened his eyes, now, no longer pinching the bridge of his nose."Yeah, oka-Ginny?!" he said surprised. My mouth formed the shape of an O when I looked up at the sound of my name, and my vision focused. Jet black hair with occasional silvers. Brilliant green eyes. Round glasses. A lightning shaped scar on his forehead.

My breath got caught in my throat. It was Harry.

I had a mental debate myself whether to give away the real me or not.

"Sorry?" I acted a little confused.

He gave me a puzzled look which I ignored and went into the kitchen. My mind was full of questions. Was this a coincidence or did he know. I took out the bread and started slicing it. Its been eight years. I put on the fillings. It must be a coincidence. Why would he choose to return after eight whole years? I heated the sandwiches. It was a coincidence. I made his tea, and took his order to him after exactly ten minutes as I had promised. I placed it on the table and turned around walking back.

"Ginny wait. I know its you. No need to act. I'm not an idiot."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I said a bit too harshly, which of course gave me away.

He smirked and told me to "Sit."

I did what he told me to. I knew he had caught me.

"What?" I asked exasperated.

"Where have you been? Everybody was so worried about you!"

"That's none of your business. And yeah of course, they started giving a damn about me after I left!wow!" I snapped.

"We always cared about you. You had a fair life."

I just rolled my eyes. He obviously didn't get it, did he? Whatever. I didn't care about what he had to say so I stayed silent.

"Ginny come back home with me." I snapped out of my thoughts at how casually he asked me to come back to a place I had so willingly left years ago.

"Harry look! I didn't come to live here in the muggle world just to bothered by wizards again. That's why I left! I hated that place. I hated my life. And I don't want to come back 'home'" I said making quotation marks with my fingers.

"Ginny its been so long. We didn't know where you were. I sent out search parties until I saw your letter-"

"That letter clearly told you to leave me alone!" I shouted, anger boiling inside of me.

**** ***

'Dear Harry,

I wrote this to tell you to not come looking for me. I'm tired of my life here. I'm pretty sure I'll be better off somewhere else where people don't know me as 'Harry Potter's ex wife.' Take care of the children.

Ginny. '

******* ******

"Ginny I can't!"

"We're divorced for Merlin's sake! And you don't make the decisions in my life! I can do whatever I want! Nobody there needs me!" I said with a tone of finality, slamming my hand on the table, making the cup of tea vibrate.

"The kids need you." he barely whispered, his tone softer.

The kids. Always a sore subject. Sensitive. I hadn't seen them in eight years. I didn't know what to say. Of course I wanted to see my children. I wasn't cold hearted. I just couldn't go back that easily. It was hard for me.

"Come home Ginny. For them. They haven't seen you in years. They've always wanted to know their mum. They were just babies when you left. Their desperate to see their mother"

My eyes felt hot. and were stinging. I felt tears at the back of my eyes.

"Harry, why don't you understand I can't-"

"Yes you can Ginny" tears were now rolling down my cheeks. "Nobody will judge you. Even if they do, you shouldn't care. Come home. Please" he pleaded.

I don't know why I agreed. But I did.

"Okay." I whispered.

***** **** ***

Hey guys this my first harry potter fan fiction , I haven't checked for any grammer or spelling mistakes , so I apologize for any mistakes :P anyways please vote ,comment and follow

~patatolover