Chapter 3

A/N: This might be crappy cos I'm not that good at writing emotional reuniting sorta stuff but I gave it my best shot.

***********

Chapter 3

***********

The door opened swiftly and I looked around, feeling nostalgic. It was the same, yet it had changed a lot. Vases and handmade decoration pieces were stacked on the shelves. The walls were now covered with more pictures. Reminiscences caught ahold as pictures. Reminiscences I had missed out on. A young red headed girl of about  fourteen ,with a slight show of freckles on her face, had her arms around two young boys, just a few years older than her. Both with jet black hair, one with bright brown and the other with dazzling green eyes. They had huge grins on their faces and were laughing at something. The next minute I had found myself holding that picture caressing the beautiful faces of the beautiful children. My children.

I was.. I just don't know how to put it. You know when you get that sort of feeling when you're over joyed but you also have a shallow feeling at the pit of your stomach. I felt something like that. Over whelmed with nostalgia maybe?

I put the picture back in its place realizing that I was being closely observed by my ex husband. But that was the least of my worries right now. I was going to see my kids again. I got that feeling again.

I gave Harry a questioning look as to ask 'what next?' and he showed me up to the once guest bed room, placing my luggage at the foot of my bed. I thanked him and went to use the very familiar restroom. Just that this time, the cabinet had a pack of scented candles, bath salts and stuff of that sort. As if it had been readied for an expected guest. Was I a guest to them? Nothing more nothing less? That only worsened my anxiety so I let it go and splashed cold water on my face, relieving myself of the sticky humid atmosphere that had clung to me since the breakfast shop.

I bit my lip. I was confused as to what to do. I retouched my makeup, I had never been one for this sort of stuff before. Makeup and dazzling dresses. But then again, I had changed.

******

I headed downstairs completely oblivious to what I was going to experience next. The young girl in the picture, just older this time was standing there. Her bright brown eyes were lined with luscious lashes, her fiery red hair cut shoulder length. When she saw me her eyes widened "Mum?" she said softly and I nodded biting my lower lip. It was Lily. Now seventeen. She was so grown up and beautiful. I never expected what she did next. But of course these days it was the season of 'unexpected events' for me. She rushed forward and hugged me tight and I hugged her back.

Both mother and daughter were crying but laughing, hugging each other so fiercely as if it had been a competition, now sitting on the floor but never let go of the warm comforting embrace.

"Oh mum, don't ever leave me alone like that. You know how hard it is living with these three untidy animals in our family!" Lily tried lightening the mood to which I chuckled. "I'm sorry. I won't leave again." I promised without giving it a second thought. I didn't want to leave them again.

Why did I ever think of leaving? why did I leave my children behind? Was I that much of a gorgon? Heartless? What took over me?

Soon Harry called us to the table for dinner and we were sat there waiting for it to cook. Typical harry. The doorbell rang and Lily rushed to get it. I heard voices in the hallway and the next minute I was being bear hugged from behind by a young man.

"Mum! You're back. I can't believe it." he exclaimed, his face buried in the crook of my neck. His expression somewhat relieved and happy. It was James, his jet black hair as untidy as  his father's, his brown eyes shining and his build macular. He was just 10 when I left. So young.

"Yes I am. And I'm not leaving again. I'm so sorry." I apologised over and over again, and he kept on saying it was okay. It was a short but heart warming reunion.

We had our dinner in comfortable but somehow awkward silence when I remembered something. "Al? isn't he coming?"

They exchanged nervous glances.

"He's staying over at Scorpius' place. Along with Rosie" James explained.

"Wait- Scorpius as in ferret's kid?!" The kids chortled while Harry nodded grinning from ear to ear.

"Wow. Is he any good?"

"He's a gentleman. Can't believe he's Draco's son."

I just nodded. It all seemed surreal. The kids forgave me so easily for leaving them for so long. It was unbelievable. But it happened. Why would they let it go so easily?

"Why did you forgive me so easily? After all I have done?" I inquired, taking them by surprise.

A few seconds later I received and answer, I wasn't too satisfied with.

"Mum. We missed you. It was really hard for you back then. Well, running away wasn't really the best thing for you to do. But we all make mistakes. That one was a big one on your part, I won't deny it just so I seem polite. But we love you. We wanted you back." Lily philosophised.

I looked over at James and he just nodded, agreeing silently.

"But, you- You forgave me way too easily." I shook my head in disbelief. And disapproval.

They stayed silent.

"How could we not? We wanted you back for years and we wouldn't let you go away that easily." Harry spoke up.

I was shocked. I thought I wouldn't be welcomed back. By anyone. But they just forgave my mistake so easily. Would I be able to do that? Ever?

Dinner went on, including occasional small talks, about what jobs James and Albus were doing and what Lily was thinking of doing.

James and Albus were both working for the ministry, different fields of course. I was proud. I had my little family back. Well I thought I did. It made me smile, not just the smirks, a genuine smile. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a depressed freak for the last years. I enjoyed. But this was something very cherish able.

After dinner we all went to bed, and to say I was happy, was an understatement. My heart was swollen with happiness. Pride. And I tiny bit of regret. Regret that I left. I don't know what took over me when I left. I wasn't like that. Was I?

I still hadn't seen Albus. Which made me think it over. He did know that I was coming. But he still decided to stay over at his friend's.

My mind soon drifted off to a euphoric slumber, forgetting the ongoings in my surroundings.

I had a dream and in it I felt like a was watching it from someone else's pont of view A woman's. The woman was dressed in modish silk robes and was being eschewed, shunned from a tall white marble building with gold gates, by a dark haired man, who sight gave me the chills. His bright eyes filled with anger and, if I wasn't mistaken, sadness.

His voice bellowed, full of anger and remorse. He threw the woman out of the place and I was soon falling down a timeless dark zone. Everything seemed to black out after that, before I emerged into a night of dreamless sleep.

**********

A/N: Hello again guys. Let me just start off by saying a big big thank you to you guys who have taken out the time to read my fanfic. Each and every read vote and comment brings a smile to my face. :) So keep on voting, commenting, reading etc. As far as the updating timetable is concerned I'll be updating at least once a week (or more :3). So please keep on reading and don't give up on it. Last but not the least, I would appreciate constructive criticism, or any sort of comments (they make my day). I'd love feedback and any sort of suggestions.Also please like our page on Facebook :)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=730314703729614

lots a love

-S  ^_^