2. Corpse Bride

Banner by @jackie_pal12

Once we reached the top floor, the two boys led the way down the hall which was carpeted and had light yellow paint on the walls with white stripes running across them. Overall, it was a cozy yet modern building.

We all stopped once we reached the only door on the floor and waited for Cash to unlock it.

"Welcome to the crib roomie." Austin grinned as he stepped in after Cash, letting me get a full view of the place.

It was really nice and well kept for two guys. It was a large open space with a nice modern kitchen up ahead. The floors were a laminated cotton-white, blending nicely with the light-yellow shade on the walls, making it look bright and modern inside. There was a spacious living room before the kitchen with white and black comfy looking couches and a large flat screen stood up on a stand across from it. There was a hall off to the right of the kitchen which led to a door, and on the other side of the kitchen was a large, modern staircase with only a few steps, leading to a higher spot with two separate doors facing each other, probably being the other two rooms.

"So, you like it?" I turned to see Cash looking at me expectantly.

"It's beautiful." I said aloud honestly.

"Here, I'll show you the view." Cash said, before grabbing my hand without warning and tugging me down the apartment, stopping by a large window.

I stepped close to look out and gasped in awe. You could see the whole downtown area from up here. The buildings and shops all illuminated bright colors which lit up the dark sky, making the city look lively.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Cash said to me with a grin.

"Yeah." I agreed, taking my eyes off the pretty scenery and focusing on him.

I was surprised at how close he was when I looked up. His face was a few inches away. I peered into his grey orbs that were so inviting and interesting. I could definitely get lost in them. My hand started to tingle as I realized it was still in his. I watched as Cash opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Austin.

"Are you guys coming to eat or what?" He called out from the kitchen, snapping me out of whatever trance I was in.

I took a step away from Cash, releasing my hand from his, before heading over to the kitchen. My head felt too fuzzy. I heard him let out a small sigh, before following me.

As I entered the kitchen, I suddenly sneezed. Three times in a row. Great.

I looked up to see Cash and Austin both looking at me with concern.

"I think she's caught a cold." Austin muttered, before taking three big steps away from me.

"Whoops." I said sheepishly. It was probably all that rain.

"I think you should take a nice hot shower and change into some dry clothes." Cash told me, before putting a hand on my still damp back and leading me out of the kitchen and up the staircase.

"Would that be okay?" I asked hesitantly as we reached the upper level, biting my lip.

Cash turned to me, his eyes moving to my lips for a split second, before answering. "Of course. You live here after-all." He shook his head.

I gave him a sheepish look. "Right. Sorry, it just all happened so fast."

"You'll get used to it." He offered a small smile.

"How am I going to afford this place?" I asked in wonder now, looking to Cash seriously. "One room must be, what, two-thousand a month at least?"

"No, seven-hundred actually." Cash shook his head.