9. Dragon Lady

I skimmed my fingers over the large bookshelf in Cash's room as I walked alongside it, a soft smile on my face.

He had left me here to wait as he made us both some warm hot chocolate to sip out on his balcony.

There was a small knock on the door and I turned to face the closed door, walking over and opening it.

I pulled it back and stepped to the side as I saw Cash's arms full. He had two hot steaming mugs of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, along with a dish filled with cream puffs.

"Wow, do you treat yourself this nicely every night?" I asked him with a slight grin as he walked over to his desk to set down the things.

"I never found a good excuse to until now." He answered, looking up to shoot me a small grin.

I continued walking around his room and my eyes fell on something magical. A gasp escaped my lips as I rushed over to it, running my hands over the magical musical machine.

"You have a record player?" I exclaimed as I admired the old antique piece of art. 

"Wow, you're the first person to recognize what that is." Cash laughed. "Austin thought it was an embroidery machine."

I laughed at that along him as he came to stand next to me. I watched as he pulled open a drawer underneath the record stand.

My eyes widened as I looked over the countless amounts of vinyl cases. They were all neatly stacked upright, labeled by their genre with tabs dividing them.

"Go ahead, you can play one." Cash urged, looking at my face with a small smile.

I turned to look at him in surprise, before smiling back. "I always wanted one of these."

"It was a gift from my grandfather. I used to use it often, but now I rarely remember it's here." Cash said.

"That's sweet." I simply said with a soft smile, before beginning to pick through his collection.

He had amazing taste. Well, his grandfather must have, but there were some more recent vinyls in here as well. 

My eyes landed on the perfect one and I pulled it up with an excited grin, running my hand over the large cover.

"Good choice." Cash simply said, before gently taking the case from my hands and sliding the vinyl out carefully.

I watched as he set it up in the player. Suddenly, the sound of music started to play out in the most authentic way I'd heard.

The beginning of I don't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith started playing and I stepped away from the desk, turning to face Cash with a purely content smile.

He kept his intrigued gaze on me, a small smile of his own fixed on his face.

"Shall we dance? It's kind of tradition." Cash said, holding out a hand.

I bit my lip and placed my own his, not thinking twice. This song was a purely magical one and I simply could not just stand back and not dance to it. And to have someone else to dance it to with was that much more special.

He pulled me closer and guided the hand which was in his to his shoulder, before placing a hand on my waist and the other holding my hand up in the air.

I giggled and looked down as he began to lead us, dancing rather smoothly. I was impressed.

I looked up to see his intense gaze burning down onto me as I felt my face heat up. We glided from spot to spot, me being able to keep up with his every step and pretty soon I had the rythm memorized.