Prologue

I sit in the limo listening to music though my Beats headphones; a going away gift from my dad when we parted ways at the airport. He knew of my love for music, and right now, It's the only thing that's kept me awake all of this time. That and the 6 tiny cans of Coca-Cola I had on the plane.

As I gaze out of the window, I wonder who these distant relatives of mine are. All that I know is that we've apparently been removed from each other dozens of times and that we're all roughly the same age. That part I found weird. There isn't going to be a responsible adult? Score!

"Hey!" I yell out to the driver. "Are we nearly there yet?"

He replies with silence, only focusing on the road ahead of him.

Suit yourself, mate.

I grumble to myself as I give up my failing attempt of conversation.

A little while later, the car stops and I don't wait for the driver to open the door for me as I clamber out myself with my suitcase and my bag, stuffing my IPod and headphones into the latter. I may be a girl, but that doesn't stop my ability of opening a door.

"Wow, this place is huge." I remark as the limo drives away, leaving me standing at the gates of a magnificent mansion.

I timidly open the gate and make my way inside. Whilst passing an elaborate fountain, I feel a drop of rain on my cheek, and then my hand.

"Oh, dammit, rain!" I exclaim as I sprint to the front door before the heavens open up.

I knock with the stopper on the door. "Hello? Anybody-" My sentence is cut off by the door suddenly creaking open. "Home?"

Let's see. Huge mansion, rain about to fall, creaky door that opens by itself. Great, this is the perfect set for a horror movie.

I then shake my head at how stupid that sounds. It's pretty late, their probably all getting ready for bed or something. I'm over exaggerating.

And with that thought, I walk into the adventure awaiting me.

Oh, how stupid, after all that I forgot to tell you my name.

My name's Eliza. Eliza Lampton. And I'm about to share my adventure with you.