Chapter 1 New beginnig

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window, and reluctantly hop out of my small twin sized bed which I share with my little sister, Aliya who is 6 years old.
Aliya is still asleep, cuddled up into the mess of blankets that sprawl across the tiny bed.
My name is Serria Everglade and I am 16 years old. I live in district 4 and today is the day of the
75 annual hunger games.
'May the odds be ever in your favor!" Opal Ensworths bubbly Capitol accent booms in my head.
'Well, the odds aren't exactly in my favor!' I think to myself considering that my name is in the tesserae at least 40 times. Let's just say.....my family doesn't necessarily live in the richest part of district 4.
I walk into our bathroom and hop inside the metal tub sitting on the hardwood floor.
I scrub my body, wash my blonde/golden hair, and hop back out.
I pick out my dress from my closet and slip it onto my petite body.
When I focus my green eyes into the mirror, I try to find some sign of beauty, but finding none.

The dress is a off white cream color, with buttons going down the front of it, and a belt that wraps around my waist.
I pin my hair into a fishtail braid on the side, and slip on my gladiator style sandals.
"Serria? Come down for breakfast!" My mother calls from downstairs.
"Okay!" I call back rushing down the stairs.
My mother is at the counter washing dishes, and Aliya is sitting at the table with her dolls.
I see a plate of eggs, and sausage on a small China plate.
"Hello dear." My mother says sweetly as she kisses me on the forehead.
"Hello mother" I say plainly.
Once I Finnish my breakfast, I bid my mother and sister goodbye, and they say "good luck" and I rush out the door to the reaping.
After I check in, I go to find my friends all in a line, linked arms.
I link arms with my friend Sapphire and we turn our attention to the stage to see Opal Enswoth waking in.
I zone out while she says her opening remarks. Until she calls for the girls.
My stomach starts to squirm, and she picks the slip of paper out of the glass bowl.
The name reads.....
'SERRIA EVERGLADE'