Chapter One

Chapter One

"Babe, I'm going out, I'll see you in a little bit."

"Alright, stay safe," I responded to Sunday, my beautiful girlfriend of 2 years.

I watched her exit the apartment we shared and stared after her. I looked down and reached into my pocket. I pulled out a small and black box and opened it. The shiny diamond ring was staring back at me. I had spent so much saved up money on this engagement ring, close to $6,000.

But, she deserved it. She was the love of my life and I would pay any amount of money for her. It was decided, I would take her out to dinner tonight and propose to her then. I sent her a quick text telling her to be home by 5 so I could surprise her.

I showered and wore my best clothes. I called 'Del Posto', her favorite restaurant in New York. They said they could fit us in. I worked a steady, well paying job as a UX Designer and could afford a pricey dinner. It was a Sunday night and Del Posto would be nice and quiet.

Sunday was an important day to us, as it was her name and we met on a Sunday afternoon.

I was walking our dog, mine at the time, Tiger - a beautiful German Shepherd - when I found her. She was also walking her dog, Maisie, a big and fluffy Husky. Much like in 101 Dalmatians, the dogs went after each other and we ended up hitting it off.

5 months after seeing each other, she moved into my apartment and Tiger and Maisie were reunited once again.

"Honey, I'm home!"

"In the bedroom!"

I heard her heels clicking on the hardwood floors and watched her appear in the doorway.

"What's all this about?" she asked with a big, bright smile.

"It's a surprise."

She chuckled and walked to the closet. "So, I'm assuming I should wear something extra fancy since you're dressed nice," she shouted.

"If you'd like. Dress how you want."

10 minutes later, she came out in a floor-length red dress that had long sleeves, considering the chilly October night. The back was completely revealed and her hair was down, in soft curls.

"You ready?"

"More than ever."

I took her hand and we made our way out the door and to my car. I helped her in, closing the door softly after her. Once we pulled up to Del Posto, her face lit up.

"How'd you know I was feeling Italian?"

"When are you not feeling Italian," I laughed.

She laughed, too and smiled again. "You're right."

God, her smile was beautiful. I could never get tired of her beauty.

"What are you staring at?"

"You," I leaned over and gave her a soft kiss. "Let's get inside and order some food."

"As long as I get some breadsticks!"