Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It had been 3 days. Three days since the love of my life has left me. I had been drowning myself in booze and hadn't showered since. I haven't had the effort to even get out of bed. Work had been calling, but I sent them all straight to voicemail.

I just didn't have the effort to live.

I was beyond wasted, but I had nothing left to live for. I didn't care about anything. I slept, drank, slept, peed, drank, slept, a vicious and endless cycle.

When I fell asleep, I had a dream, just like all the other ones. I dreamt of her and her only.

When I finally woke up, it was a little after 2 in the morning. Even in my drunken state, I can realize that I haven't been sober for days.

I downed a whole Budweiser and finally decided to shower. After scrubbing myself raw, I stumbled out and dressed myself in sweats. I had to go to the store, for I was running out of my lifeline - booze and beer.

I grabbed my wallet and knew that it was better if I walked instead of driving. Before leaving, I gave Tiger some food in his bowl with fresh water. When I made it to the gas station, I received a dirty look from the cashier and laughed in her face.

"If your girlfriend left you after you proposed, wouldn't you want to get sh*t-faced to not deal with the pain?"

She stopped giving me dirty looks after that.

On my way home, I stopped by the park where we first met. There was a slight wind this morning and I shivered. I leaned into the breeze.

Just remembering Sunday, made me fall to my knees. I remembered the morning she left. We had breakfast, but two eggs don't last like the feeling of what I need. This place seems so familiar. Looking, even the whiskey could recognize the bench where we had our first conversation.

He lifted himself off the ground and made his way back to the apartment. Looking at the stairs, he remembered her pulling on his hand with her devilish grin. The first night she spent here, she led him upstairs and left him dying to get in.

I dragged myself back into bed, but looked at my phone. I called my boss, of course he would be sleeping.

"Sir, I will not be able to make it into work for a week or two. A family crisis has come up, and I will not be able to attend. I understand if you wish to fire me."

I hung up the voicemail and looked at her contact. In a drunken haste, I dialed her number. It went to voicemail, but it was her. Her voice rang into my ears, causing a whole new pain.

"Forgive me, Sunday. I'm calling at night, or morning, I guess. I love you, and I will make it up to you."

I hung up that voicemail too and went back to sleep, seeing her running through my dreams.