Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I drove my car back to the apartment and walked through the door. I heard sounds coming from the bedroom and knew she was home. I went to the kitchen cabinet that held all our alcoholic drinks and grabbed a bottle of my favorite whiskey. I took straight shots from the bottle and took it with me into the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a thick voice.

She was relentlessly sobbing and I saw her in the closet. I walked in and found her packing all her stuff. "So you're leaving me, too?"

"What do you want me to do? Stay with you after all that? I can't stay and you know it."

"Two years together and you can just throw it away like that?" I took another big drink and started to feel light headed, already.

"I have to, Ash."

"Bullsh*t!" I screamed and threw the now empty bottle at the wall opposite of us.

She jumped and cried even harder. She was putting all her stuff in bags. The stuff I bought her.

"I bet your new man can't give you all this!" I gestured the giant walk in closet we were standing in. "You stayed with me for the money didn't you?"

"You know that's not true. I loved you!"

"I don't know what to believe anymore! You're a filthy f*cking liar, that's what you are!"

She continued sobbing, oh how I loathe that sound. "You don't get to cry! You're not the one that was rejected. You're not the one who was left!"

"This is just as hard for me as it is for you!"

"F*ck you! I'm sure you weren't thinking about me while you were too busy screwing around. Hopefully your child doesn't turn out as disgusting as you are. Give me your key."

"Ash, I can't get everything tonight-"

"Give me your damn key!"

She fumbled with her key chain and threw the key at me. "Take it!" She finished up the last of whatever she had packed and started bring the bags to the door.

"Don't expect me to come back, I won't contact you anymore. Don't call me or anything. I'm starting over, just as you should. Goodbye, Ashton. I love you."

She put the bags outside the door, knowing as soon as she left, she'd be locked out. "Maisie, girl! Come on, we're going to a new home!"

I watched as Maisie the Husky ran out the door and stood by Sunday Elizabeth Zales. I watched, for the last time, her beautiful, long blonde hair and red-blue eyes walked out of our home and out into the world.

As she walked out on me.

As she walked out of my life.