Chapter 13

The rest of the week went by smoothly. I worked out with Mark after school and had recently started training with Daniella for the upcoming soccer tryouts. Arron and I had started talking more and more. Life was great.

"Head Case what are you thinking about?" Mark nudged me out of my thoughts. He sat next to me with his arms folded across his desk. "Nothing. I just want to go home."I sighed and faced forwards, copying down the notes on the board. I saw Mark frown out of the corner of my eye. Aw he looks cute when he's distressed. Wow. Sadistic Casey finally comes out of hiding.

When the bell rang, Mark and I quickly made it to the lunch room. We sat at our usual table and Mark started eating. Daniella sat down next to me and Arron took his seat across from me and next to Mark.

All of them looked contented, eating and chatting with each other. Mark and Daniella looked engrossed in a conversation about the World Cup and how the American women won this year.

I looked at their food longingly, but I couldn't have it. I'm trying to be healthy. That means no more eating at lunch.

"Casey." Arron said after finishing his sandwich.

I looked at him and my stomach growled. Wow. That was great timing.

"Have my watermelon." He handed me a plastic container with delicious looking watermelon cubes inside. No, bad brain. They're not juicy and delicious.

I shook my head and refused the food.

"Why aren't you eating Casey?" Arron shoved the food in my face again, in some sort of attempt to force me to take his food. I grabbed the container and put it on the table in front of me.

"I don't want to eat as much anymore. Now that I'm working out with Mark, I want to cut down on how much I eat. That means no lunch for me."

I slid the container back to Arron which he easily caught with a disapproving look.

"That's not the way to go about it Casey. Starving yourself is not the answer. How about after school we both go hang out and I can show you how to properly eat."

Did Arron just ask me out?

"Umm-"
"But Casey has training with me after school." Mark said interrupting me, making it apparent that he was done with his previous conversation.

How am I supposed to choose?

"We always workout after school. It's our thing." Way to rub it in Arron's face.

"Maybe Casey wants to try something new with someone else." Arron said glaring at Mark. Maybe I do want to try something new.

"How about you both stop being so closed minded and let Casey choose for herself." Daniella said eating one of her protein bars. Everyone's head turned to me. No pressure I guess.

"Uhhhhhh. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh." I couldn't choose one over another.

"Come on Tina Blecher. Use your words." Mark said jokingly. I didn't get it. What was that supposed to mean? Belcher? Does that mean I burp? I got even more stressed out about the situation. I don't know what to do.

"Why don't you three workout together and after you workout, you can discuss the right nutrition or something?" Daniella said with a duh tone.

"Yes. I agree with the genius that is Daniella." I looked at Mark and Arron who both nodded their head seeming pleased with Daniella's idea.

"Great now that I have your approval, I have free period with Casey and we're going to go now."

Daniella grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the gym.