Prologue

•Danielle's POV•

Another day still and more families passing through the orphanage not even taking a second look at me, after all I am 16, too old for most families.

I'm Danielle. Just you're average 16 year old living in an orphanage, it's a great life. The people here are so nice and really care about you!

Who am I kidding...life sucks, fairytales aren't reality and I've come to terms with that, well, sort of.

My dad left my mom when I was born. My mom died in a car accident when I was 10. I've been in a 2 other homes but neither worked out.

"Danielle?" Beatrice, one of the ladies here, knocked on my door.

I shut my book and looked up at her, she probably wanted me to help with the younger kids again.

"There's a family here, they'd like to meet you. Can you come to the lobby please?" She asked

My eyes went wide and I nodded like an idiot. I jumped off the bed and ran down the stairs two at a time until I reached the lobby.

I saw a really pretty lady with a boy, her son I'm guessing. They looked at me and smiled.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Gina Dallas" the lady stated as she pulled me into a hug that I immediately accepted

"I'm Cameron, but you can call me Cam" the guy said shaking my hand

"I'm Danielle, it so nice to meet you guys!" I smiled widely

Cam and I stood there awkwardly while Gina and Beatrice talked.

"Just sign here and you can take her home" I overheard Beatrice.

This is it! I'm getting adopted!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm back!