chapter 1

November 22 1963

Jack and Jackie were on the plane they had just been told they would be landing in Love Field Texas

Jack decided to speak to his wife, "Jackie if anything ever happens to me I have letters in my desk. Bobby will know what to do and if something should happen to him then they go to Teddy or Joe. I have three choices for a president and VP the senate has agreed to my choices they have approved."

"Okay Jack. Nothing will happen it will be fine."

"Jackie ,I love you  your my world those other women I'm done."

"Jack did you sleep with Marilyn?"

"No I never even had two words with her she talked with Bobby and I. Jackie I didn't even enjoy my birthday. I enjoyed the one we had with the kids more. Marilyn latched onto me. I didn't even want to be there. I just wanted to come home to you and the kids. I was very  embarrassed by her performance. I hated the whole night. I wished you had been there."

"I know Jack. I don't like that women and I thought you would have done something with her."

"She said she was in love with me and that we had to be together. I said I wasn't feeling well and came home to DC."

Jackie nodded.

"I told Kick to tell you that. She is campaigning for me in California. Joe took his kids and Rosemary to campaign in Florida. I want to make the Palm Beach house the campaign headquarters."

"Okay. Jack, Kick did tell me that. I believed you then and I believe you now. Your siblings are all doing wonderful jobs campaigning."

"Yeah, I love them for it. They are great siblings. I wouldn't trade them for any other siblings and I wouldn't trade you or the kids for any other family. Jackie I love you so much thank you for coming with me. "

"I was happy to come. Jack, Bobby said Lyndon sent his kids and our kid's licorice guns, squirt guns and several toys with guns."

"Yeah Bobby was so mad he nearly beat Lyndon up. I would have let him. However, I told Bobby Lyndon would be off the ticket by February or December. "

Jackie nodded she replied, "I can't stand John Connolly, him and his soft mouth."

Jack rubbed Jackie's back and said, 'You mustn't say that. If you start to say or think that you hate someone, then the next day you'll act as if you hated him."

Jackie smiled and Kissed Jack she loved how sweet he was always forgiving

Once they got off the plane Jack waved to the crowds he took Jackie's hand he started working the rope line.

"Only in Texas am I given red roses." Jackie snarled

"Yeah Lyndon is too cheap to get you yellow." Jack replied

"Jack be nice." Jackie said smiling at him

"I am just not to him."

Jack and Jackie arrived at the car.

"Hi John, Hi Nellie" Jack greeted as they got into the car behind the Connolly's

"You're looking beautiful today Jackie" Nellie replied

"Thank you. Jack has told me that several times."

"Do you blame me? I have the most beautiful wife in the entire world." Jack said as he took her hand again.

John smiled at Jack. Lyndon was wrong about Jack. He was glad Jack had convinced him to ride with him and Jackie

The car left Love Field and headed for downtown Dallas. The highways weren't busy; there were a few people but not a massive crowd.