Chapter 7: Nightmares

Kate woke up and found herself in a medical room lying on a medical bed. She had fainted during the trip back to headquarters. She saw that Nightstorm was sitting on a chair next to her. He was asleep. Kate guessed he must've fallen asleep while waiting for her to wake up.

Minutes later Jack came into the room. "Kate, are you okay what happened out there, what was that thing?" Jack asked. Kate slowly shook her head. "I don't know." She said. Nightstorm finally woke up. "Well look who it is." He said. Ben came into the room. He wore his black tactical uniform as usual. "The doctor says she'll be alright and she can leave the medical room but she'll need to stay away from combat for awhile." Ben told Nightstorm.

This gave Nightstorm a sense of relief. She may not be able to fight but at least he could rest knowing that she was alright. Besides a break is what she needed, even if she wouldn't admit it. Still, Nightstorm had an even larger problem. The center of all his fears had come to Earth and he had to stop him from getting loose.

Meanwhile Allison was back on her home planet, Starlight. She walked through the city. She kept asking the villagers questions on whether they've seen Adrian. All the answers she got were no. Then she came across a shopkeeper who said he saw a man in the same armor with the color however.

"Are you sure?" Allison said. Aragon, the shopkeeper, nodded his head. "He went to Ragnarök, searching for the Dragon Rider." Aragon said. Allison was now worried. If Adrian was going to Find the Dragon Rider that would only mean one thing. Havoc on Earth. "How long ago?" She asked quickly. "About fourteen hours ago." The man told her. She had been too late Adrian had already gotten to him.

She quickly took off, got to her ship and left the planet. She had to warn Jack. She had to warn Nightstorm. Hopefully she wasn't too late. The lives of the Neon Riders were at stake. Jack's life was at stake. She quickly hurried back to Earth.

Meanwhile on Earth, it was night. Kate found herself running to get away from the mysterious man riding a dragon. It was gaining on her. She was running as fast as she could. However she couldn't escape the inevitable fact that she would soon be devoured.

Suddenly as soon as the dragon got close enough to devour her she woke up letting out a loud scream. It wasn't real. She had been dreaming. It was another nightmare. The fifth one in a row. She was dressed in her pink nightgown. She decided to slip on her slippers and leave her room and go to the hangar bay outside. When she got there she was surprised to see Nightstorm standing outside the hangar bay.

She walked toward him. She saw that he had his armor on. It was almost as if he wanted to go and face the mysterious man but at the same time he was scared, also conflicted to risk it. Nightstorm glanced at Kate then looked back at the sky. "Couldn't sleep either huh?" He said. Kate nodded. "It haunts me every night." Kate replied. Nightstorm felt pity for her. She didn't deserve to suffer like this.

Kate slowly leaned on Nightstorm's shoulder, finding comfort in his cool metallic armor. Nightstorm looked down at her. Kate said one thing and one thing only that he would never forget. "Nightstorm, don't leave me." Kate said. It was with that Nightstorm had realized what he would have to fight to protect when the time comes to fight his greatest fear.

                 Authors note

Hello guys (and gals of course) I hope you liked this chapter let me know what you thought about it in the comment section. Also don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter. Bye and have a blessed day ;-)