Chapter 26: It Ends Now

Adrian thought about what he heard through comms. It was Luna. The rebel leader who disappeared on Starlight during the battle against the resistance. Perhaps, Adrian hadn't gotten rid of her after all. But now he had a problem. If Luna was able to get a transmission all the way to Earth then that means she was close by.

It was time for Adrian to make a decision. He was going to have to lead the fight against the Neon Riders on the ground. He called on one of his lieutenants and told him to lead the attack in the skies. He then proceeded to walk to the room that contained several drop pods. He took a deep breath and stepped inside a drop pod.

The doors of the drop pod became shut, and the drop pod was ejected from the large freak of nature that was Adrian's ship. It descended downward until it crash landed on the ground. Adrian stepped out of the drop pod. Pistol in hand, he prepared to finish what The Rider failed to do. He would kill the girl himself.

Meanwhile Karma was leading the attack against the Dark Riders. Karma, Ben and the entire battalion of soldiers exchanged gunfire back and forth with the Dark Riders. Ben was starting to get desperate. He needed to get an edge. He decided to make his decision. He called on his sergeant. "Sergeant contact the Air Force, tell them we need an immediate air strike." He ordered. The soldier did so accordingly. Karma shot down two other Dark Riders with her two pistols. Bullseye. She got them right in the visor. "How long until we get that air strike?" Karma asked. Ben checked his watch. "Approximately twenty minutes at max." Ben said. Guess we'll just have to hold this position, Karma thought. She saw a rifle on the ground that belonged to a Dark Rider. She picked it up. She put away her pistols and began firing at the Dark Riders with it. There was nothing she could do to make that air strike happen and she knew it. She knew that until that air strike arrives she would have to hold this position.

Meanwhile Kate and Nightstorm had noticed the drop pod that had been ejected from Adrian's ship. "Damn it, we've lost the element of surprise. Adrian is coming for us now." Kate said before reloading her rifle. She was about to rush and go after wherever that drop pod landed when Nightstorm stopped her. "Wait, you don't know if that's him for sure, it could just be another Dark Rider that's higher up in the ranks that he sent to find you." Nightstorm told her. Kate looked directly at him. It was almost as if she looked through his visor and into his eyes. "That's him, I know it, now whether you want to help me take him down or not is up to you." Kate said. Nightstorm sighed, hoping that she was right. "Fine, lead the way." He finally said. They both sprinted toward the crash site. They fought through thousands of Dark Riders who had spotted them and began firing at them. They shot down several Dark Riders as they tried to get in their way.

That were almost to the crash site. This was the moment Kate had been waiting for. She'd been training extremely hard for this moment where she'd have to face her nightmare face-to-face. Her greatest enemy. Adrian. They finally came to a halt as she and Nightstorm approached the crash site. The drop pod was empty. Dang it we didn't make it on time, Kate thought to herself. "Either Adrian took off and tried to escape the battle before it ended or this was just a decoy." Nightstorm said.

Suddenly, almost as if it were in response to Nightstorms statement, Adrian sprung out from behind a nearby crashed fighter jet and punched Nightstorm in the face. taking advantage of the element of surprise that he had, Adrian punched him in the face again. Next he attempted to throw another punch but Nightstorm grabbed ahold of his wrist before his fist could come into contact with his face. Nightstorm then punched right in his face. Then, Kate, having already dropped her weapon to go hand-to-hand in combat with Adrian, quickly ran toward and Adrian and jump kicked him sending him flying and landing on his back. Adrian quickly got back to his feet only to receive another blow to the face by Kate.

Suddenly Nightstorm rushed toward Adrian, picked him up by his feet, and slammed him to the ground. Adrian, who had his back in the ground, kicked Nightstorm back. He then got back up and while doing so, punched Nightstorm in the face. Kate attempted to punch Adrian in the face but Adrian grabbed her fist and performed a hip throw, landing her on the ground.

Next Nightstorm punched Adrian in the face then hit him with an uppercut to his abdomen. He then began kicking him multiple times in the ribcage. Adrian then grabbed his leg before Nightstorm was able to land the final kick. He then elbowed Nightstorm in the face. Next, letting go of his leg, Adrian took out his knife and shoved it straight into his abdomen. Nightstorm fell to the ground. Adrian knelt down on one knee and looked down on Nightstorm as he began breathing heavily and clothing pain. "Before you die, remember me, remember me as the one who put you down and robbed you of your morale. The one who is superior to you." Adrian told him before standing upright.

Adrian turned around only to find that Kate, had finally gotten to her feet and stood upright. "It started with just me and you Adrian, so let's end it with me and you." Kate said. Adrian clenched his fists tight. This time he would make sure he put her down, permanently.