love him...love him not

Chapter 2

My head was still spinning when I got outta bed the next morning. Had I been dreaming? Or did my annoying admirer morph into a heartthrob? How? My thoughts were interrupted by a foot shoved into my face, it was Zessa. "Stop fooling around!" She yelled at me. "You'll be late!" She added. Since when exactly did my little sister care about me being late? "What do you care?" I whispered sliding out of bed. Iridessa poked her head into the room.

"You awake?" She asked. "Iam now, thanks to your sis". I slowly made my way to the door, feeling slightly wobbly and headed to the bathroom. After an hour...or two, ok three hours. I got out and went back to my room to get ready. Zack and his mesmerizing face kept popping into my mind. Why hadn't he annoyed me with his love letters and surprises in my locker? Just yesterday, i checked just to be sure, but there weren't any. I'm not quite sure why i felt a little disappointed, but i kinda was.

Dessa and Zessa joined me outside while we waited for mom, And i thought I was the one who was late. I had a sudden urge to walk, so i told them i needed some air. Surprisingly, they didn't find that suspicious...at least thats what i thought. I didn't look back as i walked away, avoiding eye contact. I had to get to school...now.

"Ok so how about 20 bucks?" I gasped for the last time. I was at the school gates trying to pursuade the guard to let me in early. "Its too early for you to come in!" He snapped obviously annoyed.
This is exactly what I meant when I said being a teenager was hard, everyone thinks you're up to no good. I sighed helplessly and slumped onto a huge rock. "I'm sorry Lonessa". He apologized as he wen t back to work. I took out my make-up bag, just to make sure i was looking at least 'ok'. I noticed that my eyeliner was already giving up. It was smudging up from being out in the sun for too long.

"Perfect", i whispered as i touched it up. Suddenly, a dark shadow loomed over me, shading me from the blistering sunlight. I looked up to see zack. I soon realised that it wasn't Zack, but a different guy. It was a guy alright, but it was not Zack....."hey". He said noticing my confused face. I soon realised he was too gorgeous to be true. I pinched myself just to be sure, and he was real. "I'm Rocky", he added offering his hand. I stood up, took it and shook it nervously. "I-i'm nessa, Lonessa", I stuttered., admiring his movie-star smile. There was an awkward silence, then he smiled again...and God knows i almost melted.
My heart was beating so hard, I had to sit down to prevent falling. Rocky seemed to feel quite welcome, because he sat next to me on the huge rock.

"Are you also new here?" He asked nervously looking into my eyes. That honestly made me feel uncomfortable, I had never seen a look so adorable. "Uh-no..i've been here for a while." I replied avoiding eye contact. He looked a little disappointed, and I wished I had lied just to see his drop-dead-gorgeous smile. I guessed that he was new, cause i would've noticed someone that sexy in a heartbeat. "Where'd you transfer from?" I asked trying to make the conversation less awkward. "The big city", he replied obviously avoiding being specific. There was an awkward silence until I decided to break it once more. "I'm in 9th grade, what grade are you in?" I asked trying to sound cute. His face drooped even more, "i'm in eleventh." He replied with a sigh. Not Dessa's grade! Nooo! Dessa could get any guy with just a snap of her fingers, I had a feeling this wasn't my Romeo.

We sat there in silence, and I got a chance to sneak a glance at his prettiness. His hair covered most of his forehead, and was the darkest shade of black i had ever seen. He had small eyebrows over bold green eyes, decorated with bushy eyelashes...a bit Zack-like. He kept fumbling with a silver ring on the most beautiful male hands i had ever seen. I couldn't help but wonder if it was a promise ring from a girlfriend back in 'Big City'. Oh and don't get me started on his voice...fuck the dude was so on my radar! I was so honoured to be the first to welcome him. My admiration was disturbed rudely by the most irritating squeeks in the world. I looked and saw my sisters catwalking towards us...yes, catwalking just cause Rocky was there. Talk about bitchy.

I shifted a little closer to Rocky, making sure it looked like i'd already claimed him. Just to add more curiousity, I pretended he had something in his hair, and i took it out. I so wasn't washing my hand today! I could almost feel Zessa and Dessa turning green with jealousy. "Oh thanks", said Rocky running his fingers through his hair, and flashing me with his flawless smile. "Nessa you snake!" Squeeked the girls finally reaching us. "Why didn't you introduce me to him?" Cooed Dessa looking at Rocky like he was melting ice cream, that needed to be licked.

I could tell Rocky was even more uncomfortable now. "Um..Rocky," i began, making sure I kept the he's mine tone. "These are my sisters, Dessa and Zessa." I added. Rocky flashed them that smile that kills me brutally, and I could see the hunger in my sisters' eyes. Zessa looked as if she'd pass out, but Dessa kept her cool..that made me sick! "Nice to meet you girls." He added his killer tone to the torture. Before either of the girls could answer, a group of eleventh grade boys appeared and he took his bag and waved goodbye. "See you around...Lonessa." He said brushing past Dessa, and joining in the crowd.

"Who's that???" Yelled Zessa taking a seat next to me. I stood up quickly and slung my bag over my shoulder, without a word. "It's Rocky." Sighed Dessa. "Is he new here?" Squeeked Zessa again. "Not telling!" I whispered. The bell saved me. Soon, everyone was filling the school. I spotted Neela at the classroom door, chatting with Zack. The whole world stopped taking me with it. What was it with this that made my heart stop? Sure Neela and Zack would be awesome together, but how did I feel about it? I didn't even know if Zack asked me out, would I go? Besides, I had a new dude to worry about. I was just about to walk away when i saw it. Neela and Zack drew closer...what was I seeing? Zack put his hands on Neela's waist, and Neela giggled like a four-year old. Zack pulled her close and I almost fell, they kissed. I got this weird feeling and my throat dried up, a feeling i'd never had before.I was jealous. Period.