==>Josh: Gather yourself and try to move on.

July 17th, 12:05 p.m.

==> Josh: Play this stupid game.

Josh can barely handle what's happening, let alone the tom foolery of his friends. After thinking it over, he gets up and walks to his left from his bed, moving toward his desk where his computer sits. He's dreading this more than anything he's ever despised. He can barely walk without shaking. Even through all of this, he figures he doesn't even have much to lose, and that seems to be the only thing keeping him going.

When he gets there, there's already something on his screen that seems to be loading. It's the game that Alex had mentioned. How the..? Josh doesn't even care anymore. He gives zero thoughts as to why this is happening, and just rolls with it. He doesn't care.

The game appears to be called SBURB. How'd Alex even find this? Did he get it from some obscure link on the internet, like Tumblr or something equally untrustworthy? Even the name of it looks like a typo. This is outrageous. He can't believe he puts up with any of this. Josh doesn't even know how it got there on his laptop. It looks to have been loading for a while, so when did it even start up? He decides that there are too many questions here and not enough answers, and resorts to forgetting about it and just going back upstairs with his laptop.

He gets to his kitchen only to find his old ice cream that he was originally going to eat before all of this had started. Now there are flies on it. Josh thinks he might explode. Instead he just grumbles to himself while actively thinking of a way to respect his now cold and dead frozen treat. Could ice cream get a funeral? What would happen if he buried it? Would it like, rot?

Okay, this is not the time.

He looks out his window only to find that there's a myriad of strange and out of place objects on his lawn. Actually, this isn't too out of the ordinary, having strange objects on his large front patch of grass has happened before, but these are more like... he can't put his finger on it. It's just strange.

==> Josh: Examine the odd tools and stations.

Some of these are rather obscure. This whole mess just stresses him out more, but he'd probably rather know what exactly is going on.

He walks over to the closest one, a large circle on top of a platform, with a small stand next to it and a large but for now folded arm on the side. There is a label, with the word 'Alchemiter' chiseled on it. He wonders if it'll even be useful later. It kind of just looks like something that'll make all of this more confusing. Josh leaves it and investigates further.

The next one he sees is to his left is another cylinder on a platform, with some kind of circle crank attached to it. It has the word 'Cruxtruder' on it, again engraved on a black plate. Josh wonders what it does, but decides to do nothing, not wanting to make a bigger mess of this all.

In one of the bushes that outline his lawn, there seems to be a small plate about twice the size of his hand tangled in a branch. The card itself is shaped like a rectangle, with a highly emphasized pixel look, from the cut out squared corner to the words on it. It weighs next to nothing, and has a white face with a grey border on it. There are many rectangle holes in it, seeming to form some sort of pattern or follow some sort of grid. He turns it around, only to find the largest pile of cluttered colors, patterns and text he's seen in quite a while. It looks like one of those things you have to try and decipher when logging into an account after incorrectly guessing the password a few times. He can't quite remember what it's called, but is currently using all of his brain power to figure it out. Who cares about the mess in his yard or this weird card, what was the typey-passwordey thing called? Nothing has bothered him as much as not knowing this. Jesu- Oh God, he finally remembered; it's called Captcha. Nothing has relieved him like the sweet feeling of knowledge. This is officially the  best moment he's had in a long while. So, like, a few hours. 

Well, that was a whole bunch of nonsense. After coming to his senses Josh realizes that there's still one strange contraption to be investigated.

It's to his right and behind him, closer to his driveway. It's all made of metal, just like the rest. The machine looks like a large, thin sewing machine about twice the size of Josh himself. There are numerous amounts of buttons on the side, along with another circular crank on the side, with a few on the front as well. It seemed important, but Josh had no idea what for. The plate on this one islabeled 'Totem Lathe'. He hasn't the foggiest idea what a totem is, or what the lathe part is for, but doesn't really want to think about it right now. He doesn't even know how all of these got here. Maybe he'll find out once he plays this ridiculous game. Speaking of, Sburb is probably done loading on his laptop. He leaves his chaotic lawn, and trudges back to his house to hopefully find some answers.