8: Ross's Recovery

*Ross's POV*

I was finally released from the hospital a few days ago, but they still wanted me to rest for a few more days, and Ellington and my siblings helped take care of me. I was lying down on the couch.

"Ross," Ellington whispered. "Are you awake?" I assume the reason he asked that is because I've been sleeping a lot lately.

"Kind of." I replied.

"How you feeling?" Ellington asked as he kneeled on the floor, in front of the couch.

"Okay, I guess. Thanks for asking." I reached my hand forward and ran my fingers through his hair, even though I didn't have much energy to do anything.

"Hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon. You need anything?" He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know." I said.

"You sure? You don't need anything?" He asked.

I sighed and looked at him.

"I want to go to my room." I said and he glanced at me.

"You don't seem to have any energy. Are you sure you can walk all the way to your room?" He said and I shook my head a bit.

"I'll be fine. Just.. Help me up." I said and he sighed.

"Well, if you're sure." He said and helped me off of the couch, but I ended up almost falling. I still wasn't feeling well.

"Ellington." I whined.

"Are you sure you can-"

"Carry me." I said and reached out my arms as I closed my eyes.

"Alright, baby. Come here." He said softly as he carefully lifted me off the floor and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked as he began walking.

"Everything." I said and he held onto me just a little tighter so I wouldn't fall.

"Well, you're my everything. I'd do anything for you." He replied and stopped walking once we reached my room. "Oh shit. The door is closed. I can't open it while I'm holding onto you." He added.

"I got it!" Rydel said and quickly ran to the door and opened it.

"Thanks, Del." Ellington said and walked to my bed before setting me down on it.

"I love you." I said to Ellington.

"I love you too." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Stay in here with me. Please." I said.

"Of course."