Peeta?

Katniss POV

"Gale!" I shout as I run to him. I'm glad he made it back. If he and Peeta didn't make it back I don't know how I would live. Sure Gale still loves me and all but Peeta is the dandelion in the spring that I need. All Gale has is rage and fire. I have enough fire myself. (I'm not a fan of Gale but I have to make it sound like Katniss.) Something isn't right Gale doesn't look good.

"Gale?" I ask. He looks up at me and shakes his head. "I just don't get it" Gale whispers "Snow had cameras he saw us and he just let us right buy. It's like he wanted us to take him. He's in there" he motions with his head to the door on the right. This is it. I finally get to see Peeta after so long. Has he changed? Does he still love me? Did they turn him against me? Haymitch is buy the door waiting for me. I can barely move too nervous to go inside. I was hoping for Peeta to see me first when he woke up but the doctors are already checking on him. I start to slowly walk in with Haymitch help.

Then I see him. Peeta, my Peeta, I've missed him so much I can barely move around to wear he can see me. Haymitch tells all the doctors to leave so we may have some alone time. "Peeta" I manage to whisper. When he looks up and sees its me who has entered into the room, he cups his hand around his mouth and closes his eyes. Then the tears begin to flow. I stand where I am my body already being racked with sobs. Haymitch places an arm around me and and guides me as I walk unsteadily to him, sounds of increased exasperation escaping with every cry.

A nurse helps him stand and we both stay facing each other for a long time, neither of us believing that the other is really there. It takes Haymitch to finally ease us together into an embrace. We wrap our trembling arms around each other, clinging on for dear life. I encircle his waist with my legs, and he allows himself to slowly sink to his knees, effectively bringing both of us down to the floor. Nothing has ever felt so relieving. Nothing has ever felt so good. For a good majority of the time after, "I love you" is the only thing we are able to coherently say to each other.

"I....lo-love...you....Pee-Peeta" I manage to get out hugging into him with tears over my face. "I....love...yo-you..too.Kat-Katniss" Peeta says to me as he pulls back and kisses me. Oh how I missed this, his I missed him. I don't want to move. I must be with him to know he isn't going anywhere. I've missed him. I don't know how many times I e said it, but it's true I've missed him. The love of my life. We're star crossed lovers.

"Okay you love birds I think it's time you guys go eat. Dinners ready." I here Haymitch say as I look over at him I think I see him wiping away a tear. I guess he really does care about us. I hesitantly stand up not wanting to let go of Peeta. I hug him one last time a long loving hug. "I love you Katniss. I'm not going anywhere." Peeta tells me as he pulls away from the hug wiping the tears off of my red puffy face.

Peeta and I walk hand in hand to the cafeteria, holding into each other's hand tightly. This is how Finnick and Annie were when she was rescued from the Capitol. Not wanting to let go of each other, scared she was going to leave again. We walk into the cafeteria grab out food and sit at a table with Finnick, Annie, Haymitch, Prim, Mom, Delly,and Johanna. Everyone looks at us sadly. I guess it's because they realize we truly do love each other,which we do.

"Peeta! We've missed you!" Delly says hugging Peeta with one arm since we're still holding hands. She's always trying to lighten the mood. I don't blame her it is a little awkward with nobody saying anything. Soon everyone takes turn hugging Peeta. Annie looking down thinking hard about something. Peeta and Finnick having a conversation. Prim and mom talking quietly. Johanna glaring at Delly for being so bright and bubbly. And me looking around at everyone, not sure which conversation to join.

I must have zoned out because Peeta gently pulls my arm telling me dinner is over. I get up and head to the hospital room where Peeta is staying for a few nights. We lay down just glad to be in each other's arms again. "What did they do to you?" I whisper not sure if Peeta even heard me.

"They tortured me. Trying to turn me against you. To hurt you. They almost hijacked me. Until Gale and the others came to rescue me." I have tears in my eyes. How could someone be so cruel? To try and get Peeta to kill me? Hurt me? Forget about loving me?

I turn around and hug him. Not knowing what else to say. "Hey it's okay Katniss. I still love you. I always have and will nobody will make me stop. He didn't hurt me to much. I'm still here." He tells me. "Maybe we should get some sleep. We've had a long day" I nod pulling the blankets closer to us.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too Katniss"

"Stay with me?"I ask seeing if he still remembers from the train on the victory tour.

"Always." He says. I can practically hear the smile in his voice. I'm so thankful he's here in my arms. And not with snow in the horrid Capitol. Now we just have to win the war.

There's the first chapter! I literally cried while writing this. Hope you guys liked it I will try to update every chance I get with school coming up I might not have time but will try! Comment and vote!   - Lizzy ❤️🌸