Real or Not Real?

Today we tell Haymitch and Effie I'm pregnant. I woke up early to take a shower, I step into the shower as the warm water starts to hit my back. It's not too hot which makes it feel good to just think about things. How did I make it this far? Any of us? So many have died and we are the ones still standing. I start to think of all the loved ones dead, gone, never to be seen again. Rue. Finnick. Boggs. Prim. So many others but prim truly stays in my mind. How could I let her die? It's my fault. Along for everyone else's death. I could've pushed Boggs before he hit the pod. I could killed Marvel before he threw the spear at Rue. I could've pulled Finnick up before the mutts ripped him to pieces.

No. I must not think like this. It was not my fault. Snow. It was his fault. He created the hunger games to watch innocent children die for his amusement. I'm glad he died. No one will have to suffer any longer. I finish my shower and get dressed and do my hair in its usual braid to the side. Peeta is awake now making breakfast I can smell the toast and cheese buns all the way from downstairs. Cheese buns are still my favorite. I make my way downstairs just as peeta is putting them on the plates. I wonder what gender our baby will be. Girl or boy?

I notice something. Peeta. He seems a little....tense. "Peeta?" I question. He slowly starts to look at me, "Are you alright?" "Your pregnant.....real or not real?" This is the first to happen in months maybe even years. I try not to keep track so it's not a constant reminder. "Real," I finally answer. "I told you yesterday. Aren't you happy?" He doesn't say anything. "Leave!" He shouts. "Peeta what's wrong?" I push my plate away and rush to his side. "Katniss go! I don't want to hurt you or the baby!" A flashback. It must be. His pupils dilate and he relaxes and looks at me, I have to stay with him.

"Peeta this isn't you. Snow messed with your brain he hurt you tried to make you hurt me. But you wouldn't because you love me, and I love you. We're having a baby!" He looks up at me from the ground and stares at my stomach. Please don't hurt the baby anything but the baby, I think. His pupils shrink just a pinch. "Fiancé, enemy, target, mutt, and, ally" He says. This isn't that bad he's had worse some close to killing me. He still feels bad every time he comes back.

"Katniss?" He questions. "It's you real or not real?" "Real! It's all real. I'm here, it's you in 12 with our baby." He looks shocked at the word baby. "Katniss, what am I?" Peeta wonders. "A victor. A son. A brother. A father. Husband. Your a painter. Your a baker. You always sleep with the windows open. You never take sugar in your tea. All real Peeta. Please come back to me?" Finally his pupils dilate and he sits down, head in hands. This is when he feels bad and apologizes. "Katniss..." He starts. "Peeta no. It's not your fault. Snow hurt you none of this is your fault."

A few hours after the incident this morning we went over to Haymitch and Effie's house to tell them the news. They were happy and excited. They've been with each other for about two years now. At first Effie wasn't sure if they would work out or not but they did. I figured they would when they kissed when we were leaving the Capitol all those years back. Peeta and I make a trip to town to clear our minds and just to walk. While walking we see few children running around the playing tag. Not many children are here in 12 but enough to have a school. It starts
to get dark to we get a few groceries needed for dinner then head back home.

Thank you guys for reading my story!!! I know I'm not the best writer but some of you actually take time out of your day to read this story it means a lot to me I feel happy writing so I don't have to worry about all my problems in life. I saw mockingjay this weekend!!! Omg the feels 😭😭❤️ if you haven't seen it GO SEE ITTTT!! I'm so happy they went by the book, mostly. Great way to end a series very sad it's over but will always be in our hearts ❤️❤️❤️😔 #mockingjayforever this chapter is dedicated to @triseverdean12 for asking to update thank you boo 💋😚 it means a lot that you like my story