Chapter 5

{At Majhal's house the next morning}

Ed, Al, and Majhal were sitting at the dinner table talking. You were somewhere else.

"Karin? Yes, I remember her. She did live here. She made a living by raising flowers. She was a beautiful woman. I cant believe its been 20 years now. She recently succeeded in cultivating an extremely rare blue rose." Majhal explained as a soft smile grew upon his face. "Her smile at the time was simply...but then while she was riding in a carriage, shipping her famous blue roses into town..." He continued when a painful look appeared on his face. "...she fell down along the mountain roads, and died there." he finished.

"But they say that the same Karin is terrorizing the villagers." Ed spoke.

"Absolutely impossible. We both know that the dead don't simply come back to life. And besides, even if they could If you knew Karin, you know it would be inconceivable that she would attack the other villagers in life or in death." Majhal proclaimed.

{In the bedroom}

"So...what do you think, Brother?" Al asked his brother's opinion.

"Its true, dead people don't come back to life. But supposing that someone were to perform a human transmutation...the only around that's capable of doing it is Majhal." Ed replied, when suddenly there was a soft screeching sound coming from outside the bedroom.

Ed jumped up from his seat and rushed out into the hallway.

"What was that?" he asked himself, as he stared down at a long, dark hallway. "Did you hear that or am I just going crazy?" Ed asked Al.

"Hear...what?" Al asked.

Ed growled under his breath and glared.

{In town}

You were taking a stroll in town, gazing at different shops that you walked past. You were wearing your uniform bottoms and a loose black T-shirt, with your (h/l) (h/c) in a bun. You noticed a restaurant went inside. It was small.

"Welcome Miss! Can I help you with anything?" the counter guy asked with a smile on his face.

"No. I'm fine." you replied as you sat at the counter in a daze.

"So, we're really gonna do this?" you heard a little boy ask from behind you.

"yeah, we're gonna catch this Karin zombie with our own hands!" a voice which sounded a bit like a girl proclaimed. "What, are you afraid?!" the child yelled. "If this keeps up, someone else might get killed and it could be you!" they said.

You recognize that voice very well...it was that cross dresser Clause.

"Yeah, but..." the other boy was about to say, when suddenly there was a sound of glass breaking.

The group of boys looked over at what was happening as well as you. You saw an old lady with wavy brown hair, with a shawl over her head. You recognized that old woman from last night. You believe her name was Lebi. You also noticed a shattered up bowl on the floor next to her feet.

"Geez, what are you doing, old lady?" The clerk yelled at the woman.

"I'm sorry." Lebi apologized, trying to clean up the mess.

You went over to her and lightly touched her hand. She looked up at you with a surprised look on her face. You didn't make eye contact with her.

"It's dangerous to pick up glass with your bare hands. You'll only cut yourself." You said, digging into your pocket. "I'll clean this up." You added, pulling out a pair of leather gloves and putting them on.