Chapter 8: Police Forces

I went at one of the policemen with a fist full of electrical currents. As I punched him everything faded into a white. I looked around. Everything was pure white. I felt the ground and guessed it was made out of glass. I looked down at myself and noticed I was wearing a simple white dress that went down to just above my knees. I was also barefoot.

“Hero,” I heard SkyBird’s voice say with happiness. I turned around and saw her and Connor standing there.

“SkyBird! Connor!” I shouted with joy. I started running towards them. As I ran the floor began to crack. I stopped in my tracks and looked up at SkyBird and Connor. They both were badly injured and looked hopeless.

“SkyBird?! Connor?! What’s going on?!” I yelled with fear.

“He’ll kill you Hero. Run,” SkyBird whispered.

“W-what?!” I replied as my voice began to crack.

“Run!” Connor yelled as the glass floor began to shatter. I turned the other direction and sprinted. There was no safe place to run to. Everything was made out of glass. There were no walls, no ledges, no stairs. It was all glass floor and a white background. I could feel the glass breaking under my feet. I closed my eyes and jumped up into the air. As I opened my eyes everything was back to normal. I looked down and saw the policeman that I had punched. I thought back to SkyBird and Connor. Was what they said true? Was it a warning? I shook the thoughts away. I needed to focus on what was going on now. I needed to focus on the present.

“Look out Hero!” Rover screamed. I turned around just in time to be tackled by a policeman. As I struggled against the man’s grip I felt my muscles tense. I couldn’t control my body as it shook violently. After a few minutes the feeling disappeared. I slowly turned my head and saw the policeman was holding a tazor.

I closed my eyes and let myself go limp. If the policeman believed I was out cold then he won’t taze me.

“Aargh!” the policeman above me screamed as his weight was thrown right off of me. I opened my eyes and saw Rover tearing the guy apart in wolf form. I scrambled to my feet and looked around. Everyone was fighting.

“This isn’t right,” I said to myself under my breath. We shouldn’t be fighting humans. We need to join forces with them. If we want to save the human and non-human race we were going to have to work together. Was I the only one who could see that?!

I closed my eyes and imagined all of my surroundings. I imagined everyone’s energy swirling around them. I inhaled deeply as I imagined my own energy overruling everyone else’s. Their energy slowly becoming mine. I then imagined everyone frozen where they stand. I opened my eyes and looked around. Everyone was still fighting and moving around. I frowned as I clenched my fists. I really need to get the whole telekinesis thing down.

“You think that humans and non-humans can be friends? You’re even stupider than I thought!” a voice said from behind me. I held my breath as my heart started thumping faster and faster. How...? How did he find us already?

“You!” I shouted as I turned around. Dr. Xander laughed as he took off his glasses. The scar on his face that I had given him a while back was still there. Looks like I had really hurt his face. Oh well, it needed to be beautified one day. And they always say with beauty comes pain.

“Well hello to you too,” Dr. Xander said with an evil grin on his face.

“Still rocking the scratches on your face I see,” I mocked as I folded my arms.

“Still wingless I see,” Dr. Xander replied with a sour tone in his voice. I gritted my teeth as I held back from killing him. I knew he probably had his men hidden well and ready to pounce on order.

“I’m not giving in to anything you say! Sticks and stones won’t break my bones, and your words will certainly never break me!” I spat with a glare.

“Oh but I can crush you and I will,” Dr. Xander said as he took out a syringe. My eyes widened as I backed away.

“Get away from me!” I screamed in horror.

“But this will help you,” Dr. Xander replied with a smile, “This will make everything better again.”