Chapter 5: End Of Supercross

Yes I could! I dominated round 6 and 7, but Cooper finished in second both races keeping it close. With two rounds to go, I felt really good about my chances at the championship. But round 8 brought some excitement to the fans!

I had earned the first gate pick by winning my heat race. I also earned the holeshot with Cooper right behind me. A couple corners later, he block passed me and tried to take off. But I stayed with him and nothing happened for a few laps. Then, on lap five, I took a chance and dove to the inside of him. I pushed him off the track and then I tried to take off. But of course I didn’t succeed either. Cooper caught back up to me on lap eight and tried to make the same move on me that I made on him. But t didn’t work for him. He actually crashed and fell back to third. Then I was able to take off from the pack. When I landed at the finish line in first, I had a fourteen point lead going into the last round at Las Vegas.

There, at Las Vegas, I casually worked my way through practice and the heat race. I got a decent start in third and passed into the lead a couple of laps later. When Cooper came up behind me, I let him pass me because I didn’t want to push it. At the finish, I had won my first ever Supercross Lites Championship! I couldn’t have been any happier!

Just if I could have motocross go just as well. I trained like a madman during the offseason and was able to gat myself into reasonable shape for motocross. I couldn’t wait to battle Cooper Webb and Adam Cianciarulo again!