Chapter 5~ Jake

I continue to have these dreams. Each night the mermaid gets closer and each day I have to go to swim practice and each day I don't. Instead I tell my mom I'm going to swim practice then I wait till she leaves and then I go swim in the ocean for a little while. When she gets back she wonders why I smell like salt water instead of chlorine. I make the worst lie and tell her that at the pool their trying this new thing by using salt water at the pool. The thing is, I heard they really do that in some places.

After a day I finally got out of the hospital. YAY! The doctors said I just passed out from dehydration. The thing is they don't know why I was dehydrated and I don't tell them why because I do know why. I think. So I think basically if you go in the water with clothes on your legs you can get some kinda ingrown scale thingy. Kinda like your finger nails growing backwards. Yup. Hurts.

Me and my BFF Julia still hang out even though its kind of awkward because I have been very "busy"(Being a mermaid) lately. I feel like I should tell her, but I just can't. Even though she's my best friend. She knows something is up, but doesn't bother me about it.

So theres was this boy. When I first started swimteam in kindergarten he was there too. We talked every once in a while. He was nice, but a little dorky. He had blond hair and green eyes and was skinny like a twig. He moved away in secong grade though. Well since I just finished seventh grade and its been summer for a few weeks now I just found that he moved back. I was walking my dog Sophie when he came walking in my direction. At first I don't realise its him, but when I see that he recognizes me Im like "Oh Fadoodle, who is this dude?" Well thats what I thought.

"Sam?" Says mystery boy.

"Uh hi." I smile back.

"Its me Jake. I moved back here this summer." He says. Once he says his name I finally realise who its is. I take in his full picture up and down. Wow. His blond hair is shiny and cut short, but its not a buzz cut. Since its summer he has no shirt on. He's stilly skinny, but with a six pack. And he is a lot taller now. When we were younger we were about the same height, but now....

His green eyes peirce through me and I stutter.

"Jake? Oh my god it is you!" I say.

"Yeah, its great to be back. I really missed this place. Well we should catch up some time, but for know I gotta go so bye." He dashes of. Well that was a, um, pleasent suprise. I keep walking Sophie.

After I'm done I decide to go for a swim in my back yard, but as Im walking their I see a woman standing in front of the ocean.

"Excuse me, but you can't be back here." I say nervousley.

"Yes, I can. Because I'm your mentour." Says the woman.