Chapter 8 - Ugly

Norma picks me up and Adam makes sure he can come with me to the hospital. 20 mins later we are in the hospital and the doctor comes in and looks at my nose. I can't even explain how painful this is. I'm holding Adams hand so tight I'm surprised his hand didn't fall off.

"Ow ow please please stop!!" I cry and the doctor takes his hands off my nose and I continue to cry. I know I'm crying like a little baby right now but I've never felt pain like this before. Adam hugs me and the doctors walks out to go talk with Norma.

"Shh shh don't cry Emma I know it hurts I'm so sorry." He holds me and I nod. The doctor comes back in and looks at me. "Emma we are going to have to break you nose back into its normal position." I sigh and take a deep breath and nod

- 2 hours later -

I walk up and roll over on my bed and open my eyes to see Adam. I smile at him a little. "Hey beautiful" he says looking straight into my eyes and pulls me on his lap and holds me close to him. I put my face into his neck and sigh.

"Hey" I say still not looking at him. My nose looks so horrible it's all bruised and its just so embarrassing. "I'll be back in a second" I say not looking Him as I rush into my bathroom and shut and lock the door.

I look in the mirror and gasp. Tears roll down my face and I look at my ugly nose. I continue to cry until I pull myself together and finally come out of the bathroom. I walk back to my bed and lay down and smile up at him. "Are you ok? Your eyes are puffy? Were you crying Emma?" He ask and I look down. He lift my chin up with his fingers and we look into each other eyes.

"My...my nose it looks so ugly Adam...I don't know how I'm gonna go to school like this..I'm..im so ugly." I say and he shakes his head .

"Don't ever say that again Emma. Your not ugly at all I hate the fact that you think of yourself that way. Your beautiful baby" he says and pulls me into a tight hug.