° five °

Henley and Jax had basically sat in silence for the next 20 minutes.

Henley was lost in her thoughts of the past.

11 years ago, when she was 17, Henley found out she was pregnant, by Jax, her first and only boyfriend. When she told Jax, he was so supportive, but they were both really scared. They ran to Gemma and told her. Gemma basically had everything planned out, she had Henley and Jax living in Jax's old room, she had the guest room as a nursery for the baby, everything was scary for Henley, but perfect...

That was until she lost her baby. She was about 7 months along, and one day, she just woke up from a nap in a pool of blood. She went into labor at 29 weeks, and her daughter, Sophia, only lived for about 3 hours.
Henley thought that her life couldn't get any worse after that, only to find out a month later, that Jax had been cheating on her with Tara, since she was 4 months pregnant.

So... The second she graduated from school, she left. And she promised herself that she'd never go back to Jax... That she'd never let him break her, like he did before.

"Henley ? Did you hear me ?", Jax said pulling Henley out of her thoughts.

"Not really", she replied, looking down at her lap.

"You okay ?", he asked, seeing the change in her demeanor.

"Yeah, I'm alright. What'd you ask me ?", she said, not daring to look him in his eyes.

"If you ever got that tattoo you wanted ?", he said, hoping to perk her up a bit.

She smiled, knowing that was what he was doing.

"No, I changed my mind, but I did get a few others", she said.

Henley had always talked about getting a portrait of a lion on her back, but after she left, she didn't want it anymore.

Henley had a few other tattoos, though...

On her left hip, she had 'Opie' in cursive. Down the length of her right side, she had a quote that she loved 'Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions'. On the right side of her upper back, she had the outline of a cross. And her most important tattoo, on the back of her neck, in little cursive letters, Sophia, with a little pink heart next to it.

She didn't want Jax to know that, though. She didn't even really want to be at the party anymore, honestly.

"I'm gonna say bye to everybody and go", Henley said to Jax, "It was super good talking to you, though."

Before Jax could object, she hurried up and walked away.

Making sure to kiss and hug everyone before she left, Henley left.

She had managed to make it to Opie and Donna's place before her emotions caught up to her.

In the driver's seat of her truck, in front of her brother's house, she broke down in tears.