Chapter 7

-CANNON-

It was never easy to break things off with someone. I haven't had to break up with someone in ten years. The last relationship I had before Angela was when I was sixteen years old. It was hard to end things with my girl in tenth grade, and shit felt even more difficult now. I really ain't want to do this. Zaria ain't deserve this. But neither did Angie when she did those four years for a nigga. She was a real one and I was glad to have her back home.

I sat on the last step, smoking a blunt as I watched Zaria's car creep up the hill. She hated driving up the hill but shit, what other way was there to get to the house? She beeped the horn once she noticed my presence outside. "What's up, babe?" She locked the car before skipping over to me and sitting on the step beside me. Before I could respond to her she pulled the blunt from my hand and took in a long ass pull.

"Don't do that shit again."

"Whatever." Her eyes closed as she allowed the smoke to seep through her nostrils. was a Goddess... and I couldn't let her go. Not yet, at least. "How was work?" I questioned as I took the blunt from her vanilla colored hand. "Work was work. I'm tired of being a waitress at that bum ass diner but what can I do?" She stretched out her limbs. "I would ask you how was work, but I remembered that trust fund baby's like you don't have to work ever." I chuckled when she rolled her eyes.

Zaria was under the impression that my wealth came from a dead and gone uncle of mine. She was under that impression because that's what I told her last year when we first started fucking around. The story stuck so that's what it was. "You sound mad. I don't recall you sounding mad when this trust fund baby bought you all them LV and Gucci bags, though." She smirked before leaning her head on my arm.

"And I love you for that. You're so good to me." I brought the end of the blunt up to my lips. Closing my eyes, I inhaled before speaking. "I love you too."

Zaria was knocked out after I gave her that good head session. I wasn't comfortable giving her the D when not even 24-hours ago I was puttin' it down on Angie. This was my third blunt of the day and I was feeling niiice. I wasn't a big smoker but I needed something to ease my out of control thoughts. I told Angie that I would end things with Zaria, once I was certain that Zaria found a place to kick it after I put her out. As much as I wanted to move Zaria out and have Angie move in... I couldn't.

I loved two women-- on some Chris Brown shit.

I was about to tread back into the house when my phone rang. I smirked upon seeing the facetime request from Angie. Baby just got out and she already had an iPhone 6? Mehgan was a real friend. "Babe!" She was walking, and eating a vanilla ice cream cone. "Where you at?" I questioned as I tried to make out her location. Her background did not look like where I dropped her off almost two hours ago.

"I'm on my way to meet Mehgan at the nail shop. It's like six blocks from where you dropped me." I nodded, still not sure where this nail shop was. "Aight, wassup?"

"I missed seeing your face, so I decided to facetime. Am I interrupting alone time with wifey?" I groaned. Angie was not making this shit any easier for me. She was being difficult on purpose. "You're my wifey." She rolled her eyes, bringing the ice cream up to her lips. I took a quick screenshot. "Yeah, okay..."

"I'm taking you out tonight. Be ready by 8." I ended the facetime call and glanced at the time– only 5PM? I had hella time to kill. She called me back on facetime but I quickly declined the call. Using my phone I made reservations at the restaurant Truth. That was where we had our last date before she was sent away.

 That was where we had our last date before she was sent away

 -ANGELA-

It was 7:40pm and I still had no idea what to do with my hair. I was already dressed and Mehgan had beat my face to perfection. The hair was the only factor slowing me down. "Just let me straighten it, damn!" I rolled my eyes, still analyzing my hair in the mirror. "Straight? That's so... boring."

"So what the fuck you trying to say about me?" I turned to look at glare. I smirked before shaking my head. "Straight hair looks good on you, boo. But this is my first date with Cannon in four years. I want to go all out."

"I got an idea." Pulling me into the bathroom, I took a seat on the toilet and allowed her to tend to my head. She was finally done when Cannon began bangin' on her front door. As she went to tend to the door I examined myself in the mirror. I liked how I looked– and I hope Cannon did too.

"Ang?"

"In the bathroom, babe!" I fluffed up my curls a bit more before walking out of the bathroom to enter Mehgan's bedroom. Cannon was standing in the center of the room. "Oh my gosh, look soo yummy!" I went to run into his arms but he stopped me. "Wow, you look , Ang." Of course I blushed at his words. He never failed to make me feel like I was a princess. It was all in the way he stared at me. "We're lowkey matching."

"Right? Damn, we look good together." I nodded at his true ass words. We complimented each other well– this was an always thing though.

The smile on my face seemed permanent as I took in the atmosphere. Was I really here? Seated at bomb ass Truth with my nigga? Has it really been four years since I had Shrimp Alfredo as a main dish and a Caesar salad on the side? "What you thinking bout?"

"How much I love you, and how great it feels to be back home." He chuckled before looking down to cut his steak. "You got a nigga feeling like he king of the world on sumn."

"You wish," I playfully rolled my eyes as I toyed with the croutons on my plate. "But for real, Cannon... I want to be home with you. I love staying with Mehgan and all but you're my man. I don't want to be all up under another bitch all day." He snickered but I was being serious.

"I want you home with me to. You know the situation–"

"Are you really choosing her over me? We've been together for four years! It would have been eight if I didn't have to leave. So you just gonn' choose a bitch you been with for five minutes over me? Do I mean nothing to you?"

"You mean everything to me." He gritted his words as he roughly dealt with his steak. "I'm not choosing her over you because there is no choice. It will always be you."

"So prove it– tonight." My words came out just as cold as his.

"Bet." He pushed his chair back and pulled his phone out of his suit pants before exiting the dining area. Sighing, I pulled for my phone from the small clutch that Mehgan lent me.

To Mehg: I think he's going to do it. He's telling her to move out. I put my foot down but now I feel like a bitch for forcing him... he said he would do it but... shit, idk.

Mehg: You betta get out ya motherfuckin' feelings right now! This is YOUR nigga. Not YOURS AND HERS!!!

I giggled after reading her dramatics. I heard that shit in her voice and all. I was going to send her a few emojis when Cannon pulled his seat back. "It's done." He cracked his knuckles before sliding the phone over to me. Staring down at the screen my jaw dropped as I scanned the text message.

"You broke things off in a text? Really, Cannon? Do you have no sympathy for other people's–"

"You were just on my dick for me to do this– and when I do it, you still on my dick? Yeah, you need sum act right tonight." My cheeks set on fire after he said that. Okay, so maybe my sex drive has been through the roof ever since I was released two weeks ago. "Yeah, you want sum. That's the only reason you acting out. I got you when we get back to the spot."