Chapter 17

ZARIA

"I said that you're going to be a daddy. I'm pregnant." It was like he saw the ghost of his great-grandmother or some shit. His body froze up and he fell back onto the couch. Standing in front of him, I lowered my face close to his. "Let me get you some water..." He said nothing– only continued to stare at the wall behind me. Quickly exiting the room, I said fuck the kitchen and quietly crept up the staircase.

The door to his office was wide open, letting me know that he was probably in this room before I rang the doorbell. I smoothly dropped the mic into a pencil holder he had on the desk. Tapping the mouse pad on the laptop, I cursed once I was greeted with the box to enter the passcode. Fucking Cannon and this passscode bullshit. I checked the positioning of the mic once more before clearing my throat, "Can you guys hear me?" I spoke directly above the pencil holder.

"Loud and clear. Now get out before he notices where you are." I quickly nodded at my co-workers true words before slipping out of the office and jogging down the staircase. He was still seated on the couch, only this time his face was filled with anger. "I swear to god if you're lying to me then I'll–"

"I have no reason to lie. The doctor told me today after he took care of my face." Digging into my tote, I tossed two papers onto his lap. I watched as his eyes carefully scanned the paper. "Two months?" When I nodded he cursed loudly. I waited until his eyes went back to the paper before I smirked. Being a FBI agent had it's perks. We had access to all types of services– such as high tech computer nerds who could forge official looking pregnancy papers.

These nerds were obviously not that advanced since none of them could hack into Cannon's laptop from their stations, but whatever. "You gotta go..."

"What? I came here to discuss this baby. You know since it took the both of us to create it? And since we're technically parents now..." He stood from the couch and grabbed me by the arm. "Get the fuck out." His words were laced with venom and scared me shitless.

"Do we need to move in? Are you in danger?" Ignoring the voice coming from the mini mic inside my ear, I snatched my arm from him. "Unless you want me going to your precious Angie with this information, I suggest you meet me at my place later on tonight. Buy a pack of condoms too." I chuckled when his jaw flexed.
I was going to have fun with this fake pregnancy stunt.

I lowkey wished that I didn't have to play Cannon like this– but since he chose that bitch over me; I had to choose my job over him and ignore my heart. He was going to jail fairly soon and I wanted to enjoy his dick until that day came.

It's been about an hour since I sprung the counterfeit news on Cannon, but because the house was dead quiet shit felt like an eternity. Instead of taking my ass home like he suggested– I took a seat on the couch and have been entertaining myself with my phone for the last sixty minutes. "What do you think of the name Gabrielle for a girl?" I looked from my phone screen and over to his face.

"How the fuck did you get pregnant? I was always so careful with you..."

"Condoms break, silly. And plus we've done it raw so many–"

"But I always pull out and cum on ya ass or some shit. I ain't wanna have no baby with you." When he spat those words out I could feel my heart shrink in size. Was he dead ass serious?

Standing from the couch, I walked over and leaned in until I was directly in his face. "And you think I wanted to get pregnant by some nigga that told me he loved me but obviously ain't mean it? Some nigga who didn't even have the decency to tell me that he had a whole ass girl doing time– about to be released in one year? You think I would have fucked with you if I knew all of that?"