Chapter 5 - Girlfriend

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don't like your girlfriend!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I know that you like me
No way! No way!
I know it's not a secret
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I want to be your girlfriend

You're so fine
I want you mine
You're so delicious
I think about you all the time
You're so addictive
Don't you know what I could do to make you feel alright
Don't pretend I think you know I'm damn precious
And Hell Yeah
I'm the motherfucking princess
I can tell you like me too and you know I'm right

She's like so whatever
You could do so much better
I think we should get together now
And that's what everyone's talking about!

Girlfriend ~ Avril Lavigne

***

A/N

I should just say, FYI, that although at the moment I'm switching alternately between Bella's point of view and Edward's, that won't always be the case. It is random. We could have two or three of Edward before we switch back to Bella, or whatever. Anyway, enjoy this one, but it's quite a bit shorter than usual -- sorry!

Lucy xX

***

Bella (Swan), 2020

Events: 2014

I was glad to hear, from Emmett and Rose, whom I had become good friends with, that Mr Rochester had pulled himself together and one, sorted his relationship out with Jasper, two, regained his social life, three, stopped drinking and smoking like mad, and four, ditched that crazy-ass woman for (what they hoped) was the last time. And, although I'd never met Miss Bitch Extreme myself, I found myself hoping so too. Perhaps that made me judgemental, but whatever.

Turned out, of course, that it wasn't an unfair judgement at all.

Six weeks after I'd first moved to Seattle, and three weeks since I'd turned up at Edward's front door with a message from Emmett, Jacob was inviting me to some fancy-sounding get-together with Rose, Em and Edward. I agreed to go, and found myself being picked up in Emmett's 'fuck awesome', so-called by himself, Jeep, to go to some place I'd never heard of.

"So, remind me what exactly we're doing?" I asked Rose as I climbed into the back of Emmett's Jeep, careful not to crumple the skirt I was wearing. It was rare that I bothered with skirts, usually opting for sweatpants or jeans, and it was the first time since that night, now nearly four months ago, that I'd worn a skirt.

"We're going to the classiest, most appealing club in Washington," Rose said, grinning at me in the rear-view mirror. "No sluts here. A bit of oomph on the dance-floor at midnight, sure, but this is a place for the elite."

I felt slightly uncomfortable with that kind of thing, but decided to keep my thoughts to myself. When Emmett pulled up outside of a place called 'Emerald City Soul Club' with men in black suits and women that looked like they'd jumped straight out of a Vogue magazine, I panicked slightly. There was no way I could go in there, with all those people, and not feel completely and utterly out of my comfort zone.

I jumped, snapped out of my thoughts, when somebody opened my door, a grin on their face. That someone was extremely hot with gorgeous tan skin and a great sense of humour. Unfortunately, Jacob Black was firmly taken by his fiancée. The hot guys were taken - just my luck.

He was also generally lovely. I could see why Vanessa liked him so much. He'd make an incredible father.

Then again, I too was not a single woman - not that I had heard from Mike in the past two weeks. Sure, I wasn't the kind of clingy girlfriend that needed to know everything about my boyfriend's life when we were in a long-distance relationship, but I did get slightly offended when he didn't call me back for ten freaking days. Slightly unnecessary? What could possibly be so time-consuming?