Twilight Fun Facts

Here's some fun facts I didn't know about a lot of these facts. But I knew most!

1- As soon as he was cast, Robert Pattinson moved to Oregon to work on his character. He worked out five hours a day with a trainer, learning to fight, play baseball and do stunts.

2-Kristen Stewart wore hair pieces as Bella so that time was not wasted fixing her hair.

3-When the evil vampires make their first appearance, actors Cam Gigandet, Rachelle Lefevre and Edi Gathegi all wore little slippers painted like bare feet.

4-Seated on a bench prior to prom, Bella is offered assistance by Jacob because her foot is in a cast. Edward returns and says, "I leave you alone for one second and the wolves descend" - an only slightly veiled reference to Jacob's wolf status, which is not revealed until the second book, "New Moon."

5-Director Catherine Hardwicke gave the nomad Victoria her own personal pants/jeans to wear during the boat scene in which James and Laurent attack Waylon Forge.

6-The "Twilight" Special Features DVD explains that, for the baseball scene, characters used clear plastic Christmas ornaments in place of actual baseballs because they were not wearing baseball gloves. CGI was used to make the plastic balls look like baseballs.

7-Even though breakaway glass is used for the salad bowl, Rosalie cuts her finger and bleeds on the glass. This is why she's wearing gloves in the re-shoot.

8-Nikki Reed got Robert Pattinson's songs into the film. She used her laptop to secretly record him singing and playing guitar, then shared it with the film's producers.

9-When Edward enters the cafeteria, Robert Pattinson's sister, Lizzy, can be heard singing vocals on the soundtrack.

10-Edward's car is a Volvo C30.

11-The playing cards used during the prom were from Rio, a Las Vegas casino.

12-The red contacts worn by Laurent, Victoria and James were hand-painted by director Catherine Hardwicke.

13-"Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke backed out of "New Moon" due to scheduling conflicts.

14-Summit Entertainment agreed to finance this movie one day after "Twilight" opened in theaters.

15-Writer Stephanie Meyer said that, if she were 14, she would prefer Team Jacob because that is more her style.

16-The film's American premiere was on Nov. 16, 2009, which, in the lunar cycle, is a new moon.

17-A vampire's diet is revealed in the color of his eyes. The Cullens have topaz eyes because they feast on animal blood. The Volituri have red eyes because drink human blood. When the Cullens' irises turn completely black, it is an indicator of extreme hunger.

18-Only after months of speculation and rumors, director Chris Weitz and the novels' author, Stephanie Meyer, confirmed that Taylor Lautner would return as Jacob Black. They had doubted that he could become fit in time. But Lautner added almost 30 pounds of muscle. In addition to hiring a personal trainer, he consumed 3,200 calories a day. Lautner said, "I would literally carry a Baggie of beef patties, raw almonds and sweet potatoes. It's not like I was eating ice cream every two hours. It was difficult."

19-Each member of the Wolf Pack had to have papers proving his Native American descent. Chaske Spencer is Lakota Sioux, Bronson Pelletier is Cree-Metis, Alex Meraz is Purepecha (Tarasco), Kiowa Gordon is Hualapai, and Tyson Houseman is Cree

20-Bella and Edward were in a swimming pool in Vancouver with weights in their pockets to film the scene when she jumps off a cliff into the ocean.